PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrr

gcj
10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
It's not that I like winter or anything. But, we always get to this point of the year (I'm in quebec) where it's cold, but there's no snow yet. That should be a good thing, but at least once the snow comes, it's fun to be outside again. There's something to do. Right now the park is mucky and cold. The yard, too. We get cold on ride-ons in the driveway, or take little walks. This is always a long month or so. Once the snow comes, we go gliding, build snowmen, colour the snow. My husband actually builds us our very own snow/ice slide out front.
I'm not quite ready for all that, however I just don't want to go out and be cold AND bored this morning :(

jazmic
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Haha! I'm in the same boat. Too cold to be outside for me with not much to do yet. I'm going to look for large indoor toys that I can buy off kijiji. We have a slide that I'm going to clean off this weekend and bring in to the basement. That will help. But I know exactly what you mean!

kidlove
10-16-2012, 10:44 AM
As long as it's not raining (which it has been for like two weeks here) I am pretty OK with it for now, but totally know what you mean...if it is going to be cold, it may as well be pretty too. Hot Cocoa, fires, sledding, making snow men, the "feeling" of Christmas coming. ooooooooh! I love Winter. (could be a little shorter though):laugh:

playfelt
10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
I just started two one year olds that aren't walking. One child has some lined splashpants the other doesn't. But even with the splashpants it is too wet and cold to be on the ground for my liking just sitting there. I finally took the exersaucer outside for him to just sit there but at least he is up off the ground.

Now the fun will be whether everyone actually brings snowpants or not. Last year it was a battle to get parents to bring them - they would "forget' and say oh I didn't think you would be going out today. Well obviously we aren't now. In the grand scheme of things though outside in winter isn't my favourite anyways so any excuse works for me. My daughter comes over at lunchtime 2-3 days a week and takes out anyone with proper clothes. She loves to flop in the snow with the kids which makes it even more fun for them.

gcj
10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
That's annoying about the parents not providing what the kids need. Although I'm whining about it today we go out everyday...unless it's raining or -40 :( The parents understand that and I don't think I've ever had a problem in 5 years...
As much as I don't enjoy it too much this in between time of year, it still kills a good chunk of the morning by the time we dress, go out, undress....at least it breaks up the monotony of the morning.

Bookworm
10-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I hate this time of year too, only because the parents can't seem to make their mind up what season they are dressing their children for! I have been reminding my parents since the beginning of September of the appropriate clothing I need for the colder weather, and I'm still waiting on some articles to be brought in. Most days, I get mitts but no hats, or no hats but mitts. I mean, I know its not freezing, but with the wind, it gets pretty darn cold out here.... so please be prepared!

sunnydays
10-16-2012, 01:07 PM
I know what you mean! It's cold and windy and and often wet and muddy and not much funt o go out in! Plus parents are all still buying the winter stuff and I have kids coming in inappropriate clothing of one kind or another (hats that don't stay on, coats not warm enough, mittens with no strings so they fall off and get lost, etc). I agree...snow is more fun if it's got to be cold!

Momof4
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks so much gcj!!! I love the snow and everybody calls me crazy! But I really hate the mud and the brown. Right now the trees are pretty and there are leaves everywhere but in less than a month it's going to be grey and brown all the time which is depressing. Then that beautiful white, crisp, clean snow covers the ground and makes the world beautiful again and I perk up immediately.