PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Genie??

Spixie33
10-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone....I have been off since I had surgery a couple of months ago but am starting to feel great. My daycare is about to start up again and I have been using the last couple of weeks to organize my daycare space and set it up the way I want and think it would work better.

I am starting to think whether to get a Diaper Genie. I have 2 daycare kids in diapers. One is FT and one is 3 days a week. I like the idea of the Diaper Genie for just throwing it in right next to where I do the changing.

My current method was to change the diaper and toss it straight to the green bin in the garage. No odour or germs in the house.....but I do like the idea of not having to go to the garage every 2 hours and using a diaper bucket of some kind.

Does anyone use a diaper genie? Is it too expensive to buy refills every month at $8 - 10 dollars?

BlueRose
10-16-2012, 06:52 PM
I have used a diaper genie. I now use a kitchen garbage can that you step on to lift the lid. I get a box of 320 kitchen sized garbage bags from costco for about $8.00. I just empty the pale 2 times a day. The bags last several months, so I save a lot.

Momof4
10-16-2012, 07:50 PM
I had one when I started daycare because I had 5 babies but it broke quickly and made me MAD! So I started using my regular garbage and getting them out of the house at the end of every work day. Now I have babies who are using cloth diapers and I'm soooooo happy! Send the stink home!

kidlove
10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
I do the run to the garage every time I change a diaper, doesn't bother me a bit but I have a daycare family that swears by theirs and they were so excited to inform me that they not only LOVE the diaper geanie, but also use regular kitchen garbage bags for the replacement bags and saves alot of time and money for them, give it a shot and let me know...maybe you will convert this "garbage can runner". :)

Play and Learn
10-16-2012, 09:00 PM
I have a Diaper Champ, and can use regular kitchen bags with it. I only use the Diaper Champ for wet diapers. For BM's I just throw it in a little bag, then throw it in the garbage in the garage.