PDA

View Full Version : Tips !! Take some and leave some

Spixie33
04-20-2011, 07:04 AM
I just wanted to share a way that you can keep diaper changes more hygenic.

I use wax paper on the diaper pad for diaper changes. That leaves the diaper area protected from any accidental drops of BM or urine and keeps it sanitary between users. I have 3 DCK using the same changing area so this keeps it nice and clean (i Hope!)

It is sort of the same idea as a doctor office who puts paper on the examining table between patients. The wax paper is relatively cheap at the dollar store and parents do appreciate it whenever I interviewed.

playfelt
04-20-2011, 07:16 AM
What I have are the vinyl changing pads and each child has their own. I have a row of square icecream bins in the bathroom and each has their own mat and cream if parent has brought it. I switch out the bins as I call the next one to the change table. On the weekend I wipe down the mats and let them dry. It also makes it easy if we are in the basement to run up and grab their bucket and go down and change them so I don't leave the room for long. We put narrow shelves on the wall above the toilet in our main floor two piece and the bins are on the shelf - one per child including my own.

Rhonda
04-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I worked in a daycare centre for a year, so my habits are to use the same change pad for all the kids and I clean the diaper pad after each use. I prep my diaper area with a spray bottle of cleaner, paper towels, diapers, and cream so that changes are quick and easy.

Another method could be to put the clean diaper under the dirty diaper and then when the child's bottom in never touching the change pad. The change pad is there 'just in case'.

Instead of wearing rubber gloves to put diaper cream on children, I rip a diaper wipe in half and put it in the cream. This also helps reduce cross containmation such as double dipping and speading bacteria and it also allows me to use the same diaper cream for all the children.