PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to go on an outing!

cdngirl
10-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Saw this on my yahoo homepage...

Preschool teacher caught hauling 19 kids in minicar, gets a timeout

http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/news/preschool-teacher-caught-hauling-19-kids-in-minicar--gets-a-timeout.html

"According to reports from Pretoria, South Africa, teacher Melanie Minnie from the Rietfontein nursery school decided last Wednesday to haul her 31 wards to a mall about a mile away for a celebratory lunch. ...

Minnie admitted to police she was at the tail end of her hauling -- as she had already delivered the 31 kids to the restaurant, and taken back another 12 to the preschool while leaving the last 19 on the restaurant's playground during her shuttling. "

dodge__driver11
10-19-2012, 03:25 PM
OMG!!!

Speechless

BlueRose
10-19-2012, 03:28 PM
What was she thinking. Wait that's the problem, she wasn't thinking. Wow.

BrightEyes
10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Wow........

lol.....what are people thinking?!?!?!?!?!?! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamalittledream
10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry, I honestly laughed...it was the circus clown thing...really shouldn't have laughed...really. Wow.

Momof4
10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Obviously there are no seatbelt laws in South Africa, but who does that? My first thought was also about a clown car or the old joke about popes in a volkswagon - take off their hats. Those kids are frigging jammed in there like pretzels. So wrong in so many ways!

mimi
10-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Knowing all the kids were ok I too had a chuckle. I mean it is one of the stupidest sights I have ever seen. That being said, when I was very young, my Dad had a part time job (in the 60's) taking preschoolers to school and back. He loaded up his car basically the same way although he "only" had about 10 kids in the car. When he picked up the children, the parents (and teachers) and my Dad never gave the "seating arrangement" a second thought. :eek:

Momof4
10-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Too funny mimi! I was a kid in the 60's and totally relate to your story with your Dad. My first two children were born in the 70's and there were no carseats. I don't even know how I and my siblings and friends all survived back in the day before child safety laws!!!