PDA

View Full Version : Website hosting? New image?

mom-in-alberta
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I am looking to revamp the branding of my daycare when I begin readvertising shortly... and I am wondering what you all use to put a website together? I have been using webs.com and I am not too crazy about what I have.
Also; I would like to change the "name" of my facility (it's not a legal name, as I am not incorporated or any such thing). But I cannot think of any!! All the names I am seeing seem so cheesy, LoL. I would like to stay away from that.
You folks that have a logo, how did you put that together?
*sigh* This would be easier if I had a little more technically savvy skills!
Any input is appreciated... :blink:

dshtebazile
10-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I personally use webs aswell, but I have downgraded my account and I've done all the html/coding myself so its more personalized to the way I want my website to look instead of the ''typical cookie cutter'' look that you see on most daycare website created on webs.

Before learning to do that I used weebly. I found they had a lot more options to personalize your website. Hope that helps, good luck!

sunnydays
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
If you want to actually use a name other than your legal name, you actually have to register the name as your business name. It isn't hard to do or expensive, but make sure you choose something you like as you can't change it so easily after registering! I use wix.com for my website and have been fairly happy with it...they have a childcare website template which i started with and then just plugged in all my info, pictures etc and then eventually I changed a lot of the little details like buttons etc as well...it is pretty easy to use.

cdngirl
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I would look into other low cost or free web hosting sites if you're not happy with webs.
Another thing you could do is use a free blogging site like blogger.com and use it as a website. I have seen other providers do this.

playfelt
10-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I just started a website through www.yola.com
I first saw the link as an ad on my gmail and checked it out. Was fairly east to start with a lots of templates to choose from. I only have a home page and contact page so far but eventually.....

www.sharonshomedayca re.yolasite.com

Inspired by Reggio
10-25-2012, 02:42 PM
If you want to actually use a name other than your legal name, you actually have to register the name as your business name. ...

That is an Ontario law for those of us residing here are bound by the Business Names Act of Onario ~ Alberta might have different rules around what criteria is required to register a business name ;)

Inspired by Reggio
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I use webs as well but I upgraded my account so I have more option with templates and so forth if you know HTML or have someone who does the premium account has way more 'growth/personalization' options than the FREE site.

fruitloop
10-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I use weebly.com for my website. It's super easy to use and lots of different templates to choose from.

mom-in-alberta
10-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks gals! I will check some of those suggestions out...
In regards to the name; it's not an "official" name. I do all my taxes under my own name, and payments come to me personally, etc. I just have a name so that I can have a cute little logo, and I feel like it sets me apart from the others in my area. I have had no issues so far in doing this.

Momof4
10-25-2012, 04:24 PM
I use freewebs.com and have never had any problems or issues with them.