PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Halloween Activities/Crafts

DCMom
10-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi,
Before I scour pinterest this evening, what are your favourite Halloween Activities/Crafts? (I have 2- through 5-year-olds)
TIA!

Spixie33
10-31-2012, 01:00 PM
I hope you were able to find some good stuff on Pinterest.

One of the best ones last year we did was taking a white paper plate and taping /stapling white streamers from the bottom and gluing googly eyes on and drawing a nose and mouth to make a ghost they could hang up or pull around on a string so that the streamers would bellow out behind it.

Today we did "Thumbkin patches" where the kids dipped their thumbs in orange paint and made thumbprints all over the paper. I wrote "Welcome to my Thumb-kin patch" across the top and then drew a tiny green stem on each 'thumbkin' when it dried.

We also did Halloween stamps dipped in Black and Orange paint this year

And we did Eyeball bracelets where you glue a lot of googly eyes on a ribbon or Bristol board and make it into a spooky eyeball bracelet.

In the past I would have kids decorate or paint and glue things on a real pumpkin (Small one) and they could take it home. This year I cut it out of bristol board instead and let the kids decorate that instead

I hope you found something cool on pinterest and had a fun time

Bookworm
10-31-2012, 01:10 PM
I have a really young group so I cut out pumpkins from orange construction paper and then a bunch of shapes for eyes, nose and mouth out of black construction paper and had the kids glue them on with my help to make their own jack-o-laterns.
Today we decorated pumpkin and ghost shaped cookies.

sunnydays
10-31-2012, 01:21 PM
We have done a bunch of stuff over the past couple of weeks, but I'd say painting real little pumpkins was probably the favourite :) They also really enjoyed playing a ghost tossing game (little lollypops covered in kleenex with eyes drawn on...tossed into a Halloween bucket) and making paper plate jack-o-lanterns. I ran out of time this morning, but plan to do glow sticks inside of balloons this afternoon if we have time (we'll turn the lights out if the little ones are okay with it and have fun with the balloons). We also plan to use our carved jack-o-lanterns for alittle post-Halloween fun tomorrow by putting baking soda, food colouring and vinager in them to watch it bubble out of the mouth ;) I found most of these ideas on Pinterst, so hopefully you found some too!

apples and bananas
10-31-2012, 01:23 PM
I have young ones as well.

We have done a black hand print on a paper plate, turned it upside down and make it into a cat. The thumb is the tail, fingers are the legs. The put string on it so they could hang it on the wall.

We also glued scrunched up orange and green tissue paper on a pumpkin template. The little ones did this really well. .

Last week we painted small pumpkins and I hot glued googly eyes on them.

We also had ghost shaped sandwiches today and I made a skeleton out of veggies and they picked and chose what they wanted.

I hope you found some great stuff on pinterest.

Now.... onto the Christmas planning.

Spixie33
10-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Another good one for little kids is dipping one of their feet in white paint.
Then have them press the foot on a black piece of construction paper
Turn it upside down and you have a ghost
Then (when dry) take a permanent marker and you draw on the mouth and eyes of the ghost. Looks great when done. was a hit with the parents. http://pinterest.com/pin/259379259758350181/

One I read for little ones is to take a black piece of construction paper and put it in the bottom of a plastic tray....then put a few drops of white paint and a ping pong ball or a marble, close the lid and have the toddler shake and move the marble.
YOu end up with a spider web drawing. Let it dry and then glue on a plastic spider or a paper spider and voila - spider web