PDA

View Full Version : Heartfelt thanks to the women on this forum!

treeholm
10-31-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm now 2 months into running my daycare, and really enjoying it. A big part of that is the support I have received here on the forum and from the daycare providers in my city, who have also been amazing!
My children have transitioned in beautifully, and are even napping well, but I started out with a child who screamed for 2 hours. Thanks to the posts I read on crying it out and not giving up, she now screams for 5 minutes then sleeps peacefully and wakes up cheerful. I was also warned by the other baby's mom that "he won't let me put him down for a nap" and now he's even napping at home! Both Moms think I'm some kind of babywhisperer/miracle worker, and it's only because of the encouragement I found here that I was able to push through the pain and not second-guess my methods. Even though I raised my own children successfully, it's another ball of wax dealing with other people's precious babies, and I feel so much more confident now than I did two months' ago. I'm full with a waiting list, and I just did not anticipate that so soon!
So, thank you all so very, very much!
Hugs,
Diane (treeholm)

kidlove
10-31-2012, 07:05 AM
so glad to hear things are going well for you Diane. There really is nothing better than being recognized for the wonderful job you do! So glad these Mommies see that you are not only good at what you do but you also, know what you are doing! After all these years it still really does surprise me at how shocking it is to some people that just using persistance and of course, God given common sense to raise/take care of children works so darn well. Keep up the amazing work and may you be blessed for years to come. :)

mimi
10-31-2012, 07:18 AM
Congratulations on your success and having a wait list!!!!!! Since I joined this forum I am a more confident provider. During an interview a potential client tried to negoiate a lower rate. I just pictured all of you (you are all gorgeous by the way:D) standing behind me shaking your head in disapproval and I confidently stood firm and said no. So continued sucess Treeholm!

kidlove
10-31-2012, 07:26 AM
I agree Mimi. Up until I joined this forum...I had NO ONE! Now I have the strength to stand up for myself, as a matter of fact.....have to go so I can text a reminder of late fee on a payment due yesterday!!!!!! So good to have friends. (good to know they are all beautiful...me included) :laugh:

Inspired by Reggio
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM
:flower: Congratulations on your successes ~ and I agree having support and access to resources to minimize isolation can make a world of difference in success in this business!

sunnydays
10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Congrats Treeholm! I feel excatly the same as you..I am one and a half years into this and I have learned sooooooo much from the ladies on this forum! I also have parents tell me they can't get their babies to nap, but I now have the confidence to persist and I ALWAYS get them sleeping well and they start sleeping well at home too as a consequence...they also look at me like a baby whisperer, but it is because of the confidence gained through this forum and the other providers I have met in real life :)

Momof4
10-31-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm really happy for you Diane and thanks for sharing your success story with us. It sounds like you have made great friends in the business in your city and that's really important - a lifesaver really!