PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a chuckle??

gcj
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
SOOO, I decided to dye my hair during naps...it's my break, I can spend it how I want, right? Well....I decided to be a little more adventurous with the colour this time (called med auburn!) and I look like f#*@ing Strawberry Shortcake! :woot: And now I'm stuck like this when the parents come for pick up!!

Maybe I'll bring them outside to make sure I have my hat on...it's nice and cold out!

At least if it was last week, I could say that it was for Halloween:laugh:

sunnydays
11-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha! You gave me a good laugh thinking about your dilemma...thanks :):laugh: On the plus side, the kids will probably love it :)

mimi
11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow you are brave. I'm too much of a scardy cat to dye my own hair and believe me the greys are calling out for some cover up. At least you can laugh about it. Is it permanent or the wash out kind? Yeah, I think some out door time is a good idea. Thanks for the chuckle :D

Inspired by Reggio
11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
LMAO ... you are brave!

I just went auburn for the winter from blonde myself .... but I had my fair share of bad home jobs as a young-ling so now I prefer to get a professional to do it.

crafty
11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
LOVE IT ! Sorry laughing at your expense but you posted it ... so thanks !!:laugh:

gcj
11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
maybe it's just me...the kids didn't even notice! I even asked the 4yo if something about me looked different and he said "uh.....your blue shirt?" :laugh:

Dreamalittledream
11-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Poor you! That is the beauty of our job...we can get away with rainbow hair if we so wish;). Perhaps you could tie it in with a theme week (lol!). I love the fact that my wardrobe and hair decisions get about as complicated now as finding a hair tie & matching socks in the morning;)

Momof4
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I remember using a box of some type of auburn years ago and coming out orange like Ronald McDonald. It was horrible! Maybe you shouldn't do that on your break next time, eeeeek! What if you had a child throw up or something and you forgot to wash it off in time? You would probably be bald right now!

BrightEyes
11-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Other Mummy
11-07-2012, 07:48 AM
I was brave a few months back and decided to give myself a pedicure whilst the kiddies slept. Yeah. No sooner had I finished one foot when one of my dck's woke up (they needed a diaper change) anyhoo....got busy, another woke.

Forgot all about my poor neglected other foot. You can believe 2 dcm's noticed at pick up that I only had half a pedicure going on. One foot was painted a nice deep purple. The other. Nadda :laugh: As bare as the day I was born.

bright sparks
11-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks for sharing. Its great that you can share your blooper to put a smile on others faces. :D Great way to start my day, with a belly laugh and sparkle in my eye. Thanks for the giggle ;D

kidlove
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! what will you do? I can only imagine what some parents might think. I think I would go for the hat outside too!!!! good luck and let us know how it turns out. Don't make any kids cry!!!!:laugh::laugh ::laugh:

gcj
11-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Well, I decided to try it out for a day since my husband didn't seem to mind it. I did the hat trick when the kids were picked up, but the next morning I just answered like normal. The moms all looked at my hair (I'm sure of it) and said nothing, which to me says it all! :laugh: Everytime I'd wash my hands, my reflection in the mirror was rather startling. I just didn't feel comfortable. So, last night, I changed it. The company told me which shade to put in to undo the red, and really it's still there, just darker. But, now I like it.
I'll stay a little more in my comfort zone from now on...however I will still do it during naps. If I waited for healthy sound asleep kids to wake up puking, I'd never get anything done! ;)

Mamma_Mia
11-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Oh geeze! lol

FYI - watch out with your white towels and going to bed with wet hair....the red comes off easily. That was MY lesson a few years back lol

Momof4
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I used a dark auburn colour one time and it came out burgundy coloured. Now here's my dilemma. My entrance hallway is a burgundy colour and it was very obvious I was the same colour as my walls. Then on the Saturday I remember putting on a shirt and didn't think about the colour. You guessed it, burgundy, oy! If I wasn't among the race of the white Celts I would have been invisible in my own entrance hallway.

Thanks for the giggles gcj and I'm glad your husband approves of your hair.