PDA

View Full Version : Just venting lol

BrightEyes
11-07-2012, 08:48 AM
So someone on facebook posted asking if anyone new of a nice, quiet, non-family (going out for their anniversary dinner) restaurant to go to.

Someone posted Baton Rouge and it brought back memories making my blood boil...lol

So I am here to vent:

My husband and I have only had one date night since our daughter was born. We were really looking forward to it. Made reservations at Baton Rouge, timing so that we would make it to our movie afterwards. Well when we got there we were told we would have to wait 45mins!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say we were pi**ed because we wouldn't be able to have dinner AND see a movie. We left extremely unhappy and went to another restaurant. What is the point of a reservation if they don't actually stick to it??!! And when we put in a complaint they didn't even respond mind you give us an apology. I understand that restaurants get busy but normally when a reservation is made one would make sure that the table is cleared in time. I mean obviously running a little late would be acceptable (a customer took an extra 10mins), but 45mins???!!! They would have had to JUST sit someone down like 10mins prior to our reservation!!! As you can tell, I am extremely unhappy with Baton Rouge. lol

apples and bananas
11-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Oh, that's a horrible experiance. I once had poor service at a Canyon Creek and the General Manager ended up coming to my house to drop off enough gift certificates to come again. I've been to Baton Rouge once. I remember really liking the food, but it wasn't anything over the top.

mimi
11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
I hear you! My family took my parents to a nice steak house that did not take reservations. We arrived for a fairly early dinner and was told them wait would be 45 minutes. No problem as they had a nice seating area where we could have drinks and chat. While in the happy hour area we were constantly asked within a 10 minute time frame, if we wanted to have our dinner there as opposed to waiting. We just said we were fine to wait for our table thank you. Well 3 minutes after our last refusal, they came for us to be seated at a table and there were other vacant tables in the diningroom. I quess they were trying to bamboozal us into not using one of their precious dining tables. We didn't appreciate this attitude and after a pricey dinner won't be back though to be fair the service was good. It was the Keg

BrightEyes
11-07-2012, 01:07 PM
a & b you are lucky that they gave you gift certificates!! I would have been happy just with and apology...but nope...I guess they have enough customers that they don't care about one. But when you have many "ones" it will impact the business.

mimi, I have never been to the keg but that is crazy that they would do that!! I would be so annoyed!

jazmic
11-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Ugh! Littlefeet, I'm upset for you! That would have ticked me right off too! Next time (and hopefully there won't be a next time) ask to speak to the Manager right away.