PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done?

samantha3
11-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello,

I have a family who has given notice (their last day is at the end of Nov). I am just wondering what you would have done in this situation:

Mom has been constantly emailing (starting around mid sept) me regarding things that she believes are wrong with her child and when I email back with direct questions she disregards my concerns/questions and I do not get a response back.

This has been going on for some time now and so last night I sent her a reminder email saying 'hey, I have not heard back from you....' and asked the questions again as well as signing the email off 'I would appreciate a resonse,'

I do not feel that I am being rude because I see that it is quite obvious that she is not responding to this situation.

What are your thoughts?

Also, going forward I am going to let her know that emailing me is not an acceptable form of communication for her as I will be setting up a filter to block her emails as she has lost this privilege. So going forward she can call me.

I really appreciate your guidance on this one... thank you :)

Crayola kiddies
11-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I would just start the count down ....

apples and bananas
11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
ya, start the countdown. If the emails really bother you that much, tell her your having trouble with your internet and you're not able to check emails that's regularly so she's best to call you with concerns.

And if these questions you're asking her are important to the care of her child, have a list ready at drop off and ask her face to face. " I emailed you this to you, but I guess there was a misunderstanding... " then start your questions.

She's obviously not a good fit for your daycare.

gramma
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I agree, i would just start the countdown. Just curious about her reasons for leaving, if it had something to do with the questions she was emailing you about. In any case, I would just continue to provide the same care as always to the child and ignore emails from the mom. If its important to her, she will speak to you directly.

samantha3
11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Gramma - she is leaving because her child is too ill to be in a childcare setting, say the doctors. Personally I feel she needs to have control and is a hypochondriac - but this I only gather because she has been a problem since she started two years ago. Honestly I am surprised she has lasted this long :)

Count down has begun!! Thank you :)

Judy Trickett
11-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Yep, just start your countdown and every day that you close the door on them breath a sigh of relief that one more day is over and you are that much closer to not having to deal with them anymore.

Inspired by Reggio
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
I agree if they are leaving anyway I would just let it go ... smile and do what you need to keep kid safe and healthy and ask any questions at drop off pick up as needed ... I've worked with hypochondria clients before loads of fun!!!

samantha3
11-07-2012, 04:27 PM
LOL, yes loads of fun (insert sarcasm here).

The days are being counted... some people are just ridiculous is all and it reminds me that I need to screen my clients better or if I see a red flag to question immediately to prevent future situations such as this one....

:laugh:

mimi
11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Just imagine the happy dance you will do when they are gone :D

Momof4
11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Turnover sucks. Interviewing sucks. Transitioning new babies suck. But it's temporary and then you move on with a great family and eventually a great kid and all is well. Just look forward to a nicer family with a nicer child.

mimi
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh momof4 you hit the nail right on the head! Thanks for putting it so eloquently. LOL