PDA

View Full Version : Samko & Miko Toy Warehouse

BrightEyes
11-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Is anyone going to take advantage of the annual Samko & Miko Toy Warehouse??!!

I have always wanted to go but this is the first year I will actually make it there!

Ottawa: Nov 7th - 12th

London: Nov 16th - 21st

Hamilton: Nov 29th - Dec 2nd

Toronto & Richmond Hill: Sept 22nd - Dec 23rd

Inspired by Reggio
11-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I have gone to this every year since back in the 1990's :o

If nothing else it is a greeat place to get CHEAP board books for the daycare and creative art supplies to stock up on for the year!

Play and Learn
11-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I sent my mom out to find a collection of board books for me! lol She's going today - opening day in Ottawa.

michellesmunchkins
11-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I go every year as well for both the daycare and my own son. He's almost to the age where nothing there interests him now though :( but its great for daycare supplies.

bright sparks
11-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I go every year as well for both the daycare and my own son. He's almost to the age where nothing there interests him now though :( but its great for daycare supplies.

I am of the same opinion. My kids are to old now for what they have. I also find the one in TO hitand miss. If its for cheap daycare additions or Xmas gifts for them then great, but when looking for things to meet my own childrens interests its not the best for them any more. Books are super cheap but its closer for me to go to the book depot in St Catharines which is super duper cheap :)

Momof4
11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I go every year too! Great prices.

Bookworm
11-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes, brightsparks the Book Depot is super cheap, especially when they have their box sales.

BrightEyes
11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I planned on going today but unfortunately something came up and I couldn't go!! I will plan for tomorrow!

jodaycare
11-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I go every year, sometimes twice. They have a spring sale too. I buy the daycare kids christmas gifts there.

Mamma_Mia
11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I too go every year for the last 5yrs!!!

I get xmas gifts for all the kiddies in the family + now add in daycare group!!
(p.s. they're open in the summer too just different hours! FYI)

apples and bananas
11-08-2012, 06:51 AM
I have gone in the past. I did Toronto 2 years ago and Hamilton last year. I found Hamilton almost useless compared to Toronto. If I do it again this year I'm going into Toronto. Way more to pick from.

i find it's great for books! And for the little kids, but my older ones are looking for very specific brands this year and I find samco rarely has the gifts of today that the bigger kids are looking for.

BrightEyes
11-08-2012, 07:10 AM
(p.s. they're open in the summer too just different hours! FYI)

Mamma Mia, is that in Toronto or all of the locations? In Ottawa I've only heard of it in November.

lainey76
11-08-2012, 08:43 AM
They have a spring sale here in Ottawa ...I've gone the last couple of years.

Mamma_Mia
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Mamma Mia, is that in Toronto or all of the locations? In Ottawa I've only heard of it in November.

I go to the Richmond Hill location which is about 40min north/east from Toronto. Not sure if the other locations will as well. I'm thinking if they do very well during the winter they may continue it during the summer...

monkeymama
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
My sister in law and I go every year! It is awesome :) Weve already been and now Im almost done all my shopping, yeah! The deals are great