PDA

View Full Version : Kid-approved crockpot recipes?

GymMom
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm looking for some ideas of things I can throw in the crockpot in the morning and have ready for lunchtime that the little ones will actually eat! Thanks!

Dreamalittledream
11-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh how I love my crockpot! Some daycare favs...
meatballs, scalloped potato/ham/peas mixture, ravioli, hamburger (ground beef, chicken or turkey)/veggies/ potato casserole, macaroni and cheese.

jazmic
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM
All sounds good, dream! Recipes, please? :)

Dreamalittledream
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Okee dokee...Easy peasy:)

Meatballs (my 'go to' recipe is adding peppers, mushrooms and Diana sauce)
Scalloped potato/ham/peas mixture (I use any cream soup...usually mushroom)
Ravioli (the kind you buy frozen, some Parmesan and diced tomatoes)
Hamburger (ground beef, chicken or turkey)/veggies/ potato casserole:
1 lb hamburger, browned and drained/7 -8 small potatoes/1/2 large onion, veggies, sliced/1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup/
3/4 cup milk/1 (1 ounce) envelope beef gravy mix
Macaroni and cheese:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni/4 tablespoons butter/2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese/3 eggs/1/2 cup sour cream/
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup/1 cup whole milk/1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Hope that helps!

Momof4
11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I throw potatoes, carrots, onions and either a small roast beef or chicken breasts or thighs in my crockpot all the time with some garlic and pepper and herbs. I add some broth and I'm done. I also love my crockpot.

Dreamalittledream
11-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I tried chili this week with my little ones...they weren't so crazy about it...until I gave them some breadsticks to dip in;)

Inspired by Reggio
11-09-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm looking for some ideas of things I can throw in the crockpot in the morning and have ready for lunchtime that the little ones will actually eat! Thanks!

Are you a Pinterest user cause there are lots of awesome recipes for the crockpot on there and you can search 'kid friendly' and any one whose pinned it under that label their pins will come up!

We do all the various meat based stews and low spice chili too.

Mexican Nacho Stew and Crockpot cabbage roll casserole favorites over here

Laura's Home Daycare
11-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi I'm new here.
I love the idea of crockpot lunches but would the meals be cooked enough by lunchtime?

Inspired by Reggio
11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Mos of my recipes for the crockpot offer the option of cooking on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours ... so I typcially turn them on at 6:00 am on low and either way they are good to go by 9am and if I forget to turn it on than I turn it on HIGH at 8am and go from there ... I prefer the cooking longer on low cause it results in tender meat but in a pinch ;)

Serendipity
11-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Last week, I made wild rice soup. It is actually pretty thick so I don't know why it's called soup but it has wild rice, potatoes, carrots and celery in it. ALL my DCK's love it!!