PDA

View Full Version : Thought I should introduce myself!

Daisy Duke
11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
I have been following you all on this forum since I started up my daycare this summer. You would not believe how much I have been helped already. I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. :wub:

Would you like to know the most useful thing that I have taken away? The confidence to treat my day care as a business. I have done home day care previously, in another life and I let the parents call the shots. I let the arrangements be set up like I was an employee of theirs. :yes: Yes I did. After reading this forum for the last few months I truly can't believe that I let that happen.

As my mother-in-law would say "Start as you mean to go on" :)

Am I ever organised now. lol I call the shots and have set the rules up. I have even been known to speak up and point out things to my families that are not right for my day care. I am so proud of myself! I truly believe that the parents respect me more now. Who would have thought.

Now that I have signed up here I look forward to being a bit more involved! Who knows maybe I can help some of you one day.
See you around the forums!

BrightEyes
11-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome Daisy Duke :) I look forward to reading your posts :)

BlueRose
11-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello and welcome :flower:

jazmic
11-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Good for you! :) Welcome! :wave:

mustbenuts
11-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi! I am newly registered too but have creeped on here for a while. Welcome!

Momof4
11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forum and we're so glad we could help you!

sunnydays
11-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Welcome! I feel exactly the same as you do...I was just saying to my husband the other day that this forum as well as the other daycare providers I have met, have made me confident and given me so much inspiration and soooooo many great ideas for everything from playdough recipes to discipline, to contracts and dealing with issues with parents. I look forward to learning from your posts as well :)

mimi
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Wow Daisy Duke, so happy to hear you have developed more confidence to build your business the way you want. You must be very proud of yourself :) Looking forward to your insights into the daycare life.

bright sparks
11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Sounds like you are starting off on the right foot. Good for you. So nice to have such a positive introduction from a new forum member. I have no doubt you will bring a great deal of good contributions to this forum as all other daycare providers here do, and I look forward to reading your posts. Good Luck with your business and Welcome! :D

Crayola kiddies
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Welcome daisy ..... Here's to confidence to run your business they way you want it to be run ..... Looking forward to your input!

Play and Learn
11-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Welcome!:wave:

mamaof4
11-10-2012, 08:12 PM
:D welcome! we have some great members here!

Daisy Duke
11-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I can't believe that you all took the time to welcome me. That is so nice!:D

Inspired by Reggio
11-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Opps missed this the first time around ~ welcome :D

angelina
12-07-2012, 06:16 PM
welcome daisy!

I am new in the forum, and i learned a lot. at first, i thought i have figured it out already, but these daily sharing make me grow and let me appreciate myself - for our chosen profession and love for children.

and on my bad days, i know i am not alone!

Angie