PDA

View Full Version : Happy Group of daycare kiddies today

bright sparks
11-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Just a little dose of positive energy that I'm feeling that I wanted to share. Monday mornings don't ususally go this well :)

I did toy rotation over the weekend. I haven't had the play food out in ages. Instead, we have had the grocery stand, shopping baskets and the fruit and veg in the stand for the last little while. This is a big hit, but having a couple of little ones, the dumping of bins stage is in full effect so thats why the play food and kitchen have not been out for the dramatic play area. Tidy up time becomes a tedious job.

Play Food is out now, and these guys are officially in preschool heaven :) I have had numerous cups of tea, a number of cookies and an arrey of other splendid treats fed to my and for a Monday morning, the energy is really good. What a great way to start the week :-) Just thought I'd share.

Dreamalittledream
11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
I hear ya about Monday mornings. I, however, am having a typical Monday morning....tired little ones. A little earlier naptime for all today.

playfelt
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Today is good for me - only two here and one is my baby that sleeps 2 hours morning and 2 hours afternoon. A little ticked since both families are home due to government jobs but even though Remembrance Day is on my stat list I don't take a day in lieu of as I was able to do whatever I needed to do yesterday. So TV it is ... and since hubby is home took girl out to help me do a bit more yard work before winter - we chopped off some bushes and she put the leaves in the yard bags for me and kicked a ball around a bit.

apples and bananas
11-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Weathers nice so outside all morning here! my kids love the playfood too! We also have a grocercy store that doubles as a lemonade stand. The kids put the kitchen beside it and pretend its a restaurant. I love watching their little imagionations at work.

bright sparks
11-12-2012, 10:59 AM
a & b, I think I have the same one. I bought all of the melissa and doug fruit and vegetables that come in counts of 6 each. That plus a five pack of shopping baskets, they are in heaven :)

gcj
11-12-2012, 12:09 PM
oddly enough, I always like Mondays. My kids (and I) are ready to go back to school and the dcks are happy to see eachother and play after 2 days off! Mondays consist of a lot of free play!

apples and bananas
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I didn't get the melissa and doug fruit, but I do have the grocery store/lemonade stand. It's fantastic! Best thing I've ever purchased.

Momof4
11-12-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm on a forum with a lot of HDCP's in my city and they are always complaining about their daycare children's bad behaviour on Mondays but I guess I found the perfect solution. We go to our local library for a storytime and playing on their train table and with their toys for a change of scenery and then come home and they eat well and sleep well and it's the easiest day of the week for me.

daycaremom9
11-13-2012, 04:20 PM
How many children do you take to the library? I used to go to the library when I used to only have a few but lately I've either had too many or children that I don't completely trust to take out.

Momof4
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
How many children do you take to the library? I used to go to the library when I used to only have a few but lately I've either had too many or children that I don't completely trust to take out.

I take all 5 children, 2 in the double stroller and 3 walking because we have to go on the bus. I keep my under 3 1/2 year old children on the backpack systems attached to my wrist wherever we walk outside so they are safe. They are now pros at getting on the bus and sitting safely together quickly. It takes practice but it's worth it to get out and about every morning. We also go out to playdates at different parks this way a couple of times a week to meet other HDCP friends with their groups.

I've been going to this storytime at the library for almost 5 years now and the librarians know me well and have kept track of my changing enrolment. They think I look funny if they see me after work because I don't have all my munchkins running around me, haha. I also have two other HDCP friends who bring their children to meet us now too and two other HDCP's have been there now and then in the past due to my recommendation. So the librarians really love me for that too.