PDA

View Full Version : Waiting Lists

mamaof4
05-01-2011, 09:22 PM
If you get inquires when you have no openings- do you use a waiting list or do you just leave it?

fruitloop
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I have a waiting list. When I have an opening I contact those on the list to see if they are still needing care and let them know I have an opening. Sometimes the list is useful and other times not so much because they're found other care.

playfelt
05-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I don't have a wait list per se but when I do reply to parents to say I have no openings I tell them that I keep all emails and if there is a change in my daycare I will let them know. In this business it happens so often and mostly with little warning. Yes by the time I can reply to most of them they have found care....which brings up another sticky point and this has happened to me from both sides but what if you call a family and they say well yes we have found care but we were keen to interview you a couple months back and would like to come to meet you. Do you say ok knowing if they come with you that a fellow provider is going to be left in the lurch or do you say sorry not fair to your current caregiver, do you interview and let the chips (kids) fall where they may so to speak. There is really no ethical right or wrong answer but the situation does crop up from time to time.