PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Simcoe County Ontario!

Smitty
11-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi this is my first post. I am new to being a daycare provider. I started my daycare in September and so far so good. I have a ton of questions for other providers and i am re-thinking some of my policies. Speaking of Policies do i just change them as I take in new clients or should I make the changes for everyone affective in the new year? any advice?

Crayola kiddies
11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi ... I grew up in simcoe county ... Where are you ? My two sisters still live there!

Regarding your policies I guess it depends on what they are on weather you wait for the renewal .... Becareful though because some people may have chosen you for certain policies and since you have been open only two months they may not be pleased ....
So post your questions and we can give our suggestions ..... Congrats on the opening of your dayhome

Inspired by Reggio
11-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum and your new business :)

I agree with Crayola - changing policy too quickly often will depend on what they are and if they affect financial or just clarification of service???

Momof4
11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Welcome to our forum. Do you have a contract in place? You can change it before you sign on a new client but mine renews annually for the very reason that I may want to make amendments. But once a year at contract renewal is when I add or change a policy depending on what I learned the previous year, or it's when I change rates, etc. You have to be fair to your clients to gain a great reputation in this business.

Smitty
11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Wow thanks for the replies! I guess im still learning how the Forum works and I did not see that anyone had replied until today. So what I think I'll do is change my policies for any new clients coming on board and then annually for the rest. I was just afraid people would talk and then find out differences. For instance I want any sick days paid and stat holidays. Also a bit more $ for PT kids. Because as I have come to find out, when Gramma and Grampa are in town I loose customers and therefor $. no good.

Momof4
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Smitty, that's a good plan and that's how I did it too as I took on new clients. I do like all my contracts to match and be exactly the same but while you are perfecting your contract and policies it's perfectly understandable.

apples and bananas
11-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I always changed my policies for new families coming on board. Then I would print 2 copies, one for the family and one for me and file it under their family name. This way I can look back and see exactly what policies that family has.

I don't like to change things once a family has signed on. However, if a second child enters the family I will often set a new price for the new child, but grandfather the existing childs fees.