PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble finding kids??? B.C

ashleyw
11-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Has anyone else noticed it is hard to find kids this time of year?.. Im in the process of being licenced. I should have it in the next 2 weeks..... Do you also find it is much easier to find kids when you are licenced.. I have been licenced not requied the last 2 years and found my spots would will 3 days after posting adds online:(

apples and bananas
11-23-2012, 09:33 AM
I am not licensed. However, I have never had a new client ask if I was licensed or inquire if I should be or will be licensed.

Now, I don't know if more inquiries come to an add that advertises licensed?

I think it may have to do with your area. You could probably charge more and get a higher level of client for being licensed.

sunnydays
11-23-2012, 12:27 PM
I think the system is quite different in B.C. Here in Ontario, you basically have the option of being private, or working through an agency (the agency is licensed). I am from B.C. and had my first son in a licensed home daycare there, but I don't know how the system works really, so unable to help you there! I hope you fill your spaces soon!

Manue
11-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi, Im from BC as well and I completly understand. No one seems to be looking this time of year, I found most of them look in September for the last minute spots

Momof4
11-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi Ashleyw and welcome to our forum. People tend to procrastinate at this time of the year and in Jan. they go nuts realizing they are going back to work in a month or two and you get lots of enquiries. At least that's my experience.

Be patient and confident and keep placing your ads and good luck.