PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone offer ONLY p/t care?

GymMom
11-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I currently have spots for 2 more kids but am considering advertising for p/t only (no Fridays). Does anyone else do p/t only and if so, have you had success with it?

Inspired by Reggio
11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I have several peers in my city who successfully offer a 4 day program ... many clients have a grandma who'd love to help out with childcare but does not want to do it 'full time' or they only work 4 days themselves or you have the SAHM who want only 2 days a week so you can share a M/W and a T/Th with those.

Momof4
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Since I opened I've had at least one part-timer in care so I've learned a lot about it. It's harder to transition a part-time baby but an older child seems to fit in easier, it depends on the child. I insist on a minimum of 3 days/week and charge a higher rate because they tend to schedule around the stat days so they don't have to pay for them. But for instance if you have a normal Mon/Tues/Wed child then I would charge for the Monday stats because that's their regular day.

I really like to have a part-timer so that I have a few easier days a week with only 4 children and it always seems like a much easier day. In a few months I'm going to have 5 full-timers for the first time ever and I'm going to be tired!