PDA

View Full Version : Sigh - everyone's a critic

Spixie33
11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Today one of my 3 year old daycare girls looked at her lunch and said....
"Spixie - you don't make good lunches."

:ohmy:

I was shocked. This girl has been with me 2 years and she came as a very picky eater but then was eating pretty much everything here. The parents often asked me recipes or tips on how I got DCG to eat when they couldn't get her eating at home.

Then this summer I was closed for a few months and she came back about 4 weeks ago and this is the comment I got.

I was pretty surprised and a little hurt. Out of the mouth of babes and all that :(

I asked her what she likes for lunch and she told me "Macaroni and cheese or chicken noodle soup."

So I told her we could only have Mac and cheese as a treat sometimes because it wasn't very healthy.

It just goes to show that one moment they eat everything and then the next your food turns horrendous.:p

mimi
11-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Your lunch is not very good because it is healthy. If dcg has had her share of fast food, then yeah your lunches would become very unappealing.:rolleye s: Ignore her comment and just let her know you want her body to get lots of healthy food so she can grow and not get sick and because you care for her.

Inspired by Reggio
11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes ~ it is so sad that when they eat too much processed or 'child friendly' as some people call it foods when they are not with us they forget how tasty REAL food truly is and than we have to reprogram them!

Momof4
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Spixie, here's the healthiest and easiest mac n cheese so you can make it for your picky girl and smirk while she eats it and loves it.

Easy Crockpot Mac N Cheese

2 cups uncooked macaroni
2 cups cubed sharp cheddar cheese
1 3/4 cup milk
garlic, salt & pepper
Stir and cook on low for 2-3 hours.

I cook a whole head of cauliflower and divide it into baggies and put that in the freezer. Then when I make something like this dish I can thaw a baggie of cauliflower, mash it an add it and the children love it.

crafty
11-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Thats awsome Momof4 ... I had a similar recepei but did not make it in the slowcooker. I waste so much time wisking my sauce LOL.

mom-in-alberta
01-20-2013, 01:19 PM
I will be trying this mac'n'cheese!! Sounds soooo yummy. :)