PDA

View Full Version : 1001 different uses/imagination :)

Dreamalittledream
12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
It just makes me smile every day seeing them enter the playroom with a lot of the same toys etc. (I do rotate monthly) that they see every day and you just never know what their play is going to evolve into day to day. Right now, my little Ikea stools are turned over and being used as steering wheels in a big race....the magical imagination of children....love it!!!!

Serendipity
12-04-2012, 10:02 AM
It is neat to see some of the stuff they can come up with. Mine are all playing with some heavy duty empty cardboard tubes. Kind of like the ones you get form toilet paper or paper towel when they are gone but these are from a DCD's place of work and are super heavy duty and I have a bout 50 of them in various sizes and lengths and they have all been playing nicely for over 2 hours now.

Some are tunnels, some are trees, some are logs, some are castles with princesses, some of them are binoculars, some are telescopes and you can see Mars, and one little girl is using them as a megaphone and yelling cheers into it....

Don't know how long I will be able to let that go on as I am almost deaf now, LOL!!! ......but they ARE having a ton of fun together and using their imaginations!!

bright sparks
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM
This morning, my kids just played with a box of red and gold plastic baubles and Santa hats. 2 1/2 hours later and the only thing that could tear them away was the word FOOD!!

sunnydays
12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes...teh things kids can imagine when we let them :) I sat back and watched my own two young children (2 and 4) in the bath the other night with only two washcloths. The cloths became hats, skirts, diapers, rafts, splat balls to throw at the shower walls, and about ten other things that I can't even remember. It also made me think that it's the simple things that kids love to use for imaginative play...not the flashy toys ;)

crafty
12-04-2012, 12:20 PM
So true ... Over here the kids like to play with the toy containers even more than the actual toys. They become hats, cars, houses you name it. My Ikea stools also become race cars and they even set them up to make an obstacle courses. I often give them out empty TP rolls and emprty boxes to play with. They become signers, dinosaures. It really makes you think when you see how simple things can make them so happy...