PDA

View Full Version : Potty Seats: How do you store them?

Spixie33
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I potty trained my own children using potty seats that fit over the toilet and had a little cup at the front for the boys.

I did start out using a potty that sang a song every time it sensed a 'depoit' but that was so messy and inconvenient that I switched over to the padded potty seats.

The potty seats do get messy too and often end up laying on the bathroom floor and causing a nuisance

Does anyone have a good way to store the potty seats? Do you hang it...put it in a rubbermaid container or a bag or ...??

I have a child that is soon going to learn potty training and I got the potty seat and stool ready but I am just not sure what to do to keep the potty seat out of the way from the rest of the bathroom users

Emilys4Guppies
05-12-2011, 06:00 PM
I have an Ikea potty chair for the beginners...it's all one piece of molded plastic that comes in fun colours. I like it because it's small and very easy to clean. It tucks in behind the toilet in my powder room when it's not in use.

When I'm not doing daycare, it tucks into the cupboard of the sink vanity.

For those who prefer to use the regular size toilet (my preference, and I encourage it!), I use this toilet seat on my toilet. http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8/KitchenBath/BathroomDecor/ToiletSeats/PRD~0631063P/Family%252BToilet%25 2BSeat.jsp?locale=en

It's a toddler-size seat attached to the regular toilet seat. Mine is slightly different...it's wooden, but the idea is exactly the same. I love it!! Mine snaps off so I can put the whole seat/lid combo into the tub to clean and put back onto the toilet easily.

Spixie33
05-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks Emily. Those potty seats that you linked are a great idea. I saw them at Home Depot and I thought they were close to $50 or $60 so I opted out of that but the Canadian Tire one seems very reasonable.
I bought the potty seat that is similar to this.....same idea but a difficult thing to store
http://www.totallythomas.co m/thomas-the-tank-engine-train/bed-and-bath/bb4606.html
I don't want to have to actually make a hook on my walls for it

Play and Learn
05-12-2011, 06:56 PM
When I was potty trainer (way back when), my parents stored the seat in the vanity. For my daycare kid, I keep it in a container - from IKEA (they're blue or red, and about $1.98 each I believe. I can't find it online, but I use bins for the childs diapers and extra clothing. It is NOT the Trofast line.) and on the weekends, just put it in the linen closest, so it's away.

Spixie33
05-12-2011, 07:12 PM
When I was potty trainer (way back when), my parents stored the seat in the vanity. For my daycare kid, I keep it in a container - from IKEA (they're blue or red, and about $1.98 each I believe. I can't find it online, but I use bins for the childs diapers and extra clothing. It is NOT the Trofast line.) and on the weekends, just put it in the linen closest, so it's away.

Okay good you said not the Trofast because that was the first thing that came to my mind. I was thinking of getting a container but wasn't sure if that was crazy. Yes...i run a daycare but I don't necessarily want my whole house looking like I do so have a sanitary place to store the seat would be fantastic :) :)

playfelt
05-12-2011, 08:39 PM
My seat fits on the toilet and has a solid plastic frame to it with a padded seat on and the cup at the front which I use for both boys and girls cause it prevents them from sliding off till I take them off. It just sits on the back as in it is thick enough to balance and I store it behind the toilet so it is barely seen. I wipe it with antibacterial wipes between users and then wash on the weekend. I wipe off the cup area with toilet paper after use and then wipe down. Takes only a minute while child attempts to pull up pants. When done I help them finish.