PDA

View Full Version : What a disaster....help me before i explode!!!

bright sparks
12-07-2012, 12:24 PM
So tomorrow is my daycare party and 30 minutes ago my Santa called and cancelled!!!!

What the hell am I gonna do...yes I am panicing...can you tell?

I checked on kijiji again and theirs only 1 other Santa listed aside from the one I hired who I have called and left a message with in the hope that he has some availability and fingers crossed if he does I will try to reschedule the time with the parents.

I have also emailed everyone in my email address book regardless of my relationship with them on the off chance they know someone or someone else who knows someone. This is a freaking disaster. The last two years have gone without a glitch and this past few weeks have been nuts.

First of all I had a dc family with 2 kids give notice leaving me nearly $2k a month down right before Xmas and my sons birthday on xmas eve. Then my furnace broke. My husband got a great new job(amazing actually) but because of pay cycles changing he gets less money until January 3rd so thats even less cashflow for Xmas. Wait...theres more.

Monday, my washer broke so had to go out and replace that!!! Now just because I didn't have a big enough pile of s***t at my feet to deal with Santa decided to cancel!!

I am so screwed.... :crying:

:confused:

Bookworm
12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Oh bright sparks...that sucks! Hugs to you. Hopefully, you are done with the bad luck and some good things will start to happen.

Do you have any family or friends that can be Santa or maybe have someone dress up as an elf??? Anything is better than nothing.

Good luck, and I hope it all works out.

Inspired by Reggio
12-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Hon take a big deep breath!

It sounds like you had your heart set on having Santa come to the party ~ however in the grand scheme of everything going on in your life perhaps this was the universes way of giving you a break financially ... a Christmas party can still be awesome and fun without SANTA ... have him leave a note or do something else to 'represent' him without having him actually show up!

As a child my BFF family use to have a huge Christmas Eve party and often 'Santa' would come but some years he would be running really BUSY and instead you would hear his bells and the reindeer stomping and than a 'note' would magically appear on the Christmas tree ( in hindsight it was likely hiding up the sleeve or a relative near by who tossed it on while we were running to look out the window for him) and it would say 'sorry I could not make a personal visit this year but the elfs are behind schedule and need some extra support this year ~ here are some Candy Canes and a early treat for you good little boys and girls' sort of thing ... and it was still AWESOME ... sometimes they would do things like make 'footprints' in the snow or other magical signs of Santa cause well now that I am an adult I know those are the years times were tight and they could not afford to rent the Santa suit or what not!

My advice is to save your money this year and not hirer a Santa at all ~ find other ways to make your day magical tomorrow!

bright sparks
12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Thank you so much...trying to breath here, but I think your idea of the note from santa is a great idea..:o

dodge__driver11
12-07-2012, 02:21 PM
you could also have someone call the kids and say his sleigh (sp) broke down.... Like an elf, santa or mrs clause, then maybe the kids can write a letter to him with ways on how to fix his broken sleigh.

Its okay hon, the kids wont nec. remember Santa but they'll always remember the love shown to them during the holiday.

Momof4
12-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh holy crap brightsparks, you had a horrible week! You can get headbands with antlers and Santa hats at dollar stores. Can you improvise and change up the plan? Big (((HUGS))) and hope your December gets better next week with no more surprises.

dodge__driver11
12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
thanks reggio!