PDA

View Full Version : Road trip to Orlando!!

paz
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Hello Ladies!

Hope everyone day is running smoothly:D
I am curious if any of you ladies has taken a family road trip to Orlando, Florida during the winter months, if so would you mind sharing your experience, tips any information would be greatly appreciated;)

Thank you kindly.

lainey76
12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes we do it yearly and are leaving Jan. 3rd:) what would you like to know ?

paz
12-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi Lainey76!! thats Awesome.

This will be our first long road trip, our kids dream vacation!
How do you find the drive, how long it takes counting the usual stops for meals/rest, etc.
Did you visit Disney W?

lainey76
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM
We leave from Ottawa and we do it over 3 days (leave Friday 6/7am and arrive around 2/3pm on Sunday) ..... we have our map/destinations all mapped out ....

We have done all the disney parks :) but we have not done universal studios . I also have a document (27ish pages) that my friend had put together ... if you want to send me your email address I will forward it on to you .

Momof4
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Are you in Canada? Do you have CAA roadside assistance? Then go directly to the closest office and ask them for a Tryptic (sp?) because they are AWESOME! :)

My Mom goes to Florida for 5 months every winter and one of us kids drives down with her and flies home and the same to bring her home so that she has her car the entire time in Florida, but she doesn't want to drive all that way by herself. We're in Ontario so the men in the family like to boot it down I75 and get there fast, in a day and 3/4. But my Mom & I drive home north through the Carolinas up to Pennsylvania and New York and take our time coming home in about 2 1/2 days and love that drive a lot.

Whatever you decide, Florida is a great place to visit.

ECE53
12-11-2012, 07:11 PM
We have driven to Florida 3 times. Once straight through taking turns driving and it took 24 hrs. The other times we leave Ottawa at 5 pm drive to Scranton Penn. and then leave there at 6am and drive to Savanah Georgia, then it he next day just a few ours to Orlando. This year we may leave earlin the am and drive 12 hours each day. We always rent a house, there are some deals on Expedia in Jnauary on Wednesdays, one year we got 40 % our week long house rental. ( anywhere from 700 to 1200 for a week for a house with its own pool) Legoland is a fantastic park look online for buy one adult ticket get your child's free.

jazmic
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Ooh, Lainey, I'd be really interested in seeing that doc! Can you pm me? :)

paz
12-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks ladies. Lainey would love to have a copy, will pm you.

apples and bananas
12-12-2012, 07:39 AM
I used to drive down all the time as a child with my family. We would drive half way, stay a night and then finish. It was the best driving into the welcome centre and the fresh orange juice.

I am not adventurous as my parents were so I found some great inexpensive flights and we're flying down for 5 days in January. 3 days at the park, 1 day in downtown, 1 day in the resort and home we go. It's a strictly disney trip!

paz
12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
I used to drive down all the time as a child with my family. We would drive half way, stay a night and then finish. It was the best driving into the welcome centre and the fresh orange juice.

I am not adventurous as my parents were so I found some great inexpensive flights and we're flying down for 5 days in January. 3 days at the park, 1 day in downtown, 1 day in the resort and home we go. It's a strictly disney trip!

Hi A&B, did you purchase the Disney park tickets in Canada?

lainey76
12-12-2012, 08:37 AM
We bought ours when we arrived . How can I attach a file here ?

paz
12-12-2012, 09:06 AM
We bought ours when we arrived . How can I attach a file here ?
I have sent you a private message. let me know if you received it.

lainey76
12-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I have sent you a private message. let me know if you received it.

Got it and responded :)

lainey76
12-12-2012, 09:15 AM
For those of who want the document you will need to pm me your email address as I cant attch it here as a file (I dont know how )

apples and bananas
12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi A&B, did you purchase the Disney park tickets in Canada?

I've purchased everything through CAA. They were great! I booked months ago and they kept looking for better deals, as soon as a better deal came up they re did it so I got the cheaper rate.

paz
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I've purchased everything through CAA. They were great! I booked months ago and they kept looking for better deals, as soon as a better deal came up they re did it so I got the cheaper rate.

Thats great! i will visit a CAA store this evening. thanks

Momof4
12-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Thats great! i will visit a CAA store this evening. thanks

Don't forget to ask about the Tryptik!!!

Rorence
06-27-2017, 08:39 PM
Sorry to say that I have no experience to Florida, the road trip experience to me is about travel from Los Angeles to Washington. One point is that you need to choose a good vehicle. Jeep is my best choice. The another point is to take a charger. Bestek 400w power inverter is the first choice to me since friend recommends to me in last year. I need to charge camera battery, laptop and shaver. Simply connect this charger with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, you can charge the tool that you want. If you want to learn more about this inverter, you can search bestekmall on Google. Hope this point is useful to you.

romer
07-30-2018, 11:41 AM
It's interesting to find out about your trip to Orlando: what you liked, how the trip went. When I went to Thailand, I didn't have any expectations. But during the trip I realized that this is the best journey in my life. I also wrote in the blog answershark.com/writing/essay-writing/informal-essay/the-best-journey-of-my-life.html (https://answershark.com/writing/essay-writing/informal-essay/the-best-journey-of-my-life.html) small essay, which fully reflects my emotions and travel experiences.