PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

Tica
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
My name is Laura. I have been a day care provider since 1999. I have 4 daughters which are 30, 28, 25 and 7 year old, 2 years ago I thought I had good experience with children, because of the year I had working with children and my own kids experiences. I was so wrong! When I started to go to collage I foundout I really had to learn more abot child develpment. Now I am a Certificated Teacher and now I can say I have good experience working wit children. I think there should be a law that enfrces day care providers to take classes so they don't mess on children's future. There is so much to learn... I encourage daycare providers if they haven't take any class to do so, it is very interesting and important for the future of the childrn's life.:yes:

Dreamalittledream
12-11-2012, 03:23 PM
. I encourage daycare providers if they haven't take any class to do so, it is very interesting and important for the future of the childrn's life.:yes:. I couldn't agree more; wise investment!

Inspired by Reggio
12-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I hear ya ~ I :wub: attending professional development and attending workshops and typically attend at least one PD option a month even being a certified early childhood educator and even after 25 years in the field I am still learning new things on how to improve my understanding and work with children ~ total lover of life long learning as it keeps me passionate about what I do!

Dreamalittledream
12-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I hear ya ~ I :wub: attending professional development and attending workshops and typically attend at least one PD option a month even being a certified early childhood educator and even after 25 years in the field I am still learning new things on how to improve my understanding and work with children ~ total lover of life long learning as it keeps me passionate about what I do!. Do you close the daycare on workshop days or are they offered outside of hours?

Inspired by Reggio
12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Evenings and weekends mostly although I do close for 2 PD days in spring each year to attend the annual provincial conference for the AECEO cause typically need travel time :)