PDA

View Full Version : Only 8 more days until Christmas!!!!!!!

kidlove
12-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I can't believe how fast the calendar seems to move these days! Only 8 more days until Christmas!!!!! I love Christmas for so many reasons, just warms my heart to the core.....family, love, peace, happiness, gift giving, smiling faces, good food, rest, fun, laughter, joy. The list goes on, why can't every day be like Christmas Day? I have to say, as much as I absolutely love my Job and all my Day Care Kids.....I love so much to have that time off with my family, time to sleep in, time to do what I want with my own kids. Time to lofe, time to rest, time to have quiet. Yay! What are your thoughts on Christmas Time? :star::glomp::wub::s leep::):laugh:

BlueRose
12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Can't believe its almost here.
Christmas 8 days away
My son's 1st Birthday 5 days away
I start 5 days off in a row starting in 4 days

The count downs are one.
I love this time of year. As long as I don't look out the window. lol

Wonderwiper
12-17-2012, 09:37 AM
I am such a Christmas person too!!!! Love everything about it! I love watching old favorites like Rudolph, putting up lights and the tree, baking treats and squishing in at the dining room table with all my family!! I treasure this family time to do nothing, together!! Strangely, I especially love wrapping presents, thus have become the designated wrapper for several family members ha ha! I love seeing a huge pile of presents under the tree!! Now, before I get jumped on, it is not at all about the contents of the boxes in my family!! We always try to guess what's in presents so often have tiny things in huge boxes, unusual packaging etc.! It's all about sitting on the floor all together and watching as people discover what's in the boxes! Even my 92 year old grandma is cross legged on the floor. Love it all!

Dreamalittledream
12-17-2012, 09:45 AM
I can't believe how fast the calendar seems to move these days! Only 8 more days until Christmas!!!!! I love Christmas for so many reasons, just warms my heart to the core.....family, love, peace, happiness, gift giving, smiling faces, good food, rest, fun, laughter, joy. The list goes on, why can't every day be like Christmas Day? I have to say, as much as I absolutely love my Job and all my Day Care Kids.....I love so much to have that time off with my family, time to sleep in, time to do what I want with my own kids. Time to lofe, time to rest, time to have quiet. Yay! What are your thoughts on Christmas Time? :star::glomp::wub::s leep::):laugh:

Have you been getting into the Egg Nog? Lol! Merry Christmas to you!

apples and bananas
12-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I am looking forward to some lighter weeks. I am not closed through Chrimstas this year because I'm off for a week in January instead. And all of my parents have great jobs that give them the time off anyways. So, I'm officially open, but I'm only working one day next week and it's really light. The following week I only have 3 days and the week after that I'm open for 3 then off to Disney world. WOO HOO! This week can't go fast enough.

You're right, the calendar has gone by very fast this Dec. I decided to start my Christmas crafts and gifts in November. I remember thinking it felt early, but I'm so glad I did, just need to wrap everything up and sending them home on their last day this week.

Happy last week of work everyone!

jodaycare
12-17-2012, 11:21 AM
I am so looking forward to the holiday season. I am off for seven working days after this Friday.
I still get excited about Christmas morning and love seeing the surprise on everyone's faces as they open their gifts. I am hosting Christmas dinner this year so it will be a busy day.

kidlove
12-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Oh I agree Wonderwhiper: I LOVE to see all the gifts under the tree also, not only are they like beautiful decoration for the glittery tree but they represent so much to me. Giving is an amazing gift in itself, and most of the gifts under our tree are from me, to all the people I so dearly care for, I guess that has a lot to do with why I love to see all the gifts under the tree, so excited to give them and see how happy they make everyone.
and no, I have not been into the egg nog. :) ha ha ! if I had, I would just have really bad gas....lactose intollerant here! :laugh:

I wish we had a emoticon (is that what they r called?) for Christmas....like a little tree or something. ;)

Only 4 more days until a lovely break with my kids and "cranky-ba hummbug" Husband! :) and I think 11 days off. WOW! I CAN"T WAIT! <<<- (Christmas Tree)

DisneyPrincess
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
I am sadly not as excited about Christmas as I use to be... its all the money spending that bothers me especially when I want to save as much as I can to go on my honeymoon next June, but I sure am looking forward to have all this time off :D good decision on my part for closing between the Holidays haha even though I dont get paid in full :\ It will be nice to have some time with my Hubby and both of my girls :D

Momof4
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Eeek! Only 8 days? I'm nooooooot reeeeeeeady!!!

kidlove
12-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Ha ha Mom of 4: are we ever really ready? ;)

Momof4
12-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Ha ha Mom of 4: are we ever really ready? ;)

I've made scrapbooks for 3 of my adult children and each one took months of my time and I'm just putting on the finishing touches this week. I don't even know what else to get them because they don't need anything. I guess it will be gift cards. At least I have the entire weekend to cook and bake coming up so I should be ready for Christmas Eve.

Happy planning to all of you to get things under control, but don't let yourself go crazy, it's supposed to be the best time of the year to be with family and yet we end up running around like maniacs.

Wonderwiper
12-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Momof4, I LOVE that you made scrapbooks for your kids!! I seriously have all my shopping done by September...I really hate crowds and waiting in lines ha ha! I love gift cards, lots of people say they are impersonal but I think they are perfect! Especially when money is tight for some people, a nice dinner or free movie is really appreciated. I also feel that presents at Christmas are not things that people need, but special things we think they might like or would never get for themselves! Stay calm everyone and enjoy time with family and friends!!