PDA

View Full Version : Dream presents

Spixie33
12-19-2012, 05:12 PM
With all the talk about presents -- what are your fantasy presents?

I love the cards and words that parents write the most but in a materialistic fantasy land my presents would be --

A gift certificate for 1 good housecleaning top to bottom

A gift certificate for a 1 hour long massage

A gift certificate for take out so I wouldn't have to cook

:)

Momof4
12-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I received my dream presents today. My daycare clients are keeping their children home with them next week on the days I'm open and on Monday New Year's Eve and New Year's Day too so I get eleven wonderful paid days off coming up after this week. I'm a happy, happy caregiver. Well, I don't get paid for the weekends, just the weekdays, but you know what I mean. :D

BrightEyes
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
ohhh, I would LOVE the one good housecleaning from top to bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Momof4, that is awesome!!! Lucky you!! Enjoy your *paid* time off :)

Mamma_Mia
12-19-2012, 10:08 PM
You're making me drool at the housekeeping one!!!

That or just plain old'CASH!!!!

lol

michellesmunchkins
12-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Ladies, I have to say that I received the most amazing gift this morning!!!!! Cash in an envelope with a lovely thank you for all that you do card! I'm not usually a sappy kinda person but it was so unexpected and so much appreciated! This family today reminded me why I do what I do everyday and that there are clients who truly do appreciate all we do for them :)

Inspired by Reggio
12-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Yup anyone of those would suit me just fine ~ I already arrange my fees to be lower each week in order to have the break between Christmas and New Year off and paid so for my dream list

A Spa package tops my list because I am least likely to invest in that for myself as well as to make sure to set aside time for a massage or facial or something truly pampering ... I am still sitting on a 1/2 day at the spa from August I have to find a large enough block of time to use!

Restaurant and movie gift cards are always a good bet cause well any day I do not have to cook or can set aside 2 hours to just SIT are good!

A cash bonus would be next cause than I am free to spend it as I see fit ... I would hope I would spend it on scrap booking stuff or something personal but my concern with cash is I would end up paying a bill with it :rolleyes:

I am too anal to do the house cleaning thing ... as much as it would be nice to have the time to do other things I know I am the type of person who would 'clean' before the cleaning lady got here cause I would be too embarrassed for someone else to be vacuuming up our hairballs or cleaning up shaving clippings :o Although sometimes I think it would be nice to have someone come in to do the PITA things like inside and outside all the windows and behind the appliances or the baseboard washing cause I HATE those things most!

Dreamalittledream
12-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Ahhh my dream present...paid Vacay to somewhere warm...food and alcohol included!

crafty
12-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah I would love for someone to offer me a weekend to watch my own kids so I can do anything I want with that time ..even if it is just cleanning the house ... At least it would stay clean for a few hours :)

I also LOVE the sping cleanning idea too.

How about just a bottle of wine, cheese and a quiet house.

bright sparks
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
HaHa...I love that everyone put a house cleaning. I am clearly extremely anal as from experience, the clean is never good enough. Maybe my expectations are set to high, but to me a clean especially a paid clean from a cleaning company means that the place should be spotless. I can do a quick clean up and wipe around no problem myself but a proper clean is something else which takes my a lot of time and I have been through about half a dozen cleaners over the last 18 months and they all missed something, ranging from cobwebs in the corners of ceilings, which really narks me off, dirty floors, even though they apparently mopped and dusting around things versus picking things up and cleaning under them. So as for a cleaning gift, only if they would actually do a proper job would I be happy.

I paid for a move in clean in August with Molly Maid and it was a horrific job to the point where they gave me half refund and half credit note, so while I don't want them back in, tomorrow they are coming for an hour just to clean my california shutters and my upstaires bathroom and ensuite. I have the gift certificate so I may aswell use it. Not going to hold my breath for "sparkles" but its better than me doing it at this point.

My dream gifts would be bookstore vouchers or spa vouchers. Spa vouchers are only good if they are enough to pay for a full service though lolol no good giving me $30 if I have to spend another $30 to use it.

Red wine is always a good one for me too :-)

Only had one gift so far and thats from the family of 2 leaving....gift basket of chocolate :( looks like a regift to be honest, shes a teacher, and a bottle of red wine. Big difference from last year when they gave me wine, board game for my kids and $150 cash in a beautiful card. I did get a card this morning but the words didn't really go beyond the general generic thoughtless kind.

I have 17 days off so great concellation for any crappy gifts :)

Big Hearts
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
I think my dream gift would be one night to myself in a grand hotel room with roomservice, and wine. I would order up somone to give me a mani/pedi a back rub and just ralax alone in the quiet. No kids crying or fighting no husband asking where things are no cats meowing for food or pets....just me

bright sparks
12-20-2012, 09:02 AM
How about just a bottle of wine, cheese and a quiet house.

This is like a vacation for me :-) good Italian cheese and Niagara Wine Mmmmm little piece of heaven...

cfred
12-20-2012, 09:51 AM
One year I got $100 cash and a crystal ornament from one client. I was astonished! Usually I get $50 gift cards to Home Sense and Winners (my mother ship as everyone who knows me is aware) or some bottles of wine or liquor. I've always been really lucky with gifts. Got an awesome martini set including the bottle of vodka....sweet!

Lou
12-20-2012, 10:30 AM
I already have a cleaning service worked into our monthly budget so that wouldn't be on our list!

For me the top 3 would be:
1) Cash bonus
2) Restaurant Gift Cards
3) Movie Gift Cards

All with sweet thank you notes!!!