PDA

View Full Version : Goop

apples and bananas
12-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Has anyone tried the goop you make with cornstarch and water?

I only have a 3 yr old and a 15 month old today and tomorrow and with the weather turning yucky I'm trying to think of some fun different things that the boys would enjoy.

Any success's with this? Suggestions?

BlueRose
12-20-2012, 07:54 AM
I have never heard of it. How do you make it. It sounds like fun.

apples and bananas
12-20-2012, 08:02 AM
It looks like 1 cup of cornstarch and add water until it turns goopy.

little rascals
12-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes I have and it's lots of fun! The kids love it. Just have to make sure you get the right amount of water bc it will not work with too much water. Just add slowly and should work out for you. And it's easy to clean up as well. Hope ur kids have fun with it.

cfred
12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
We called it Magic Mud in ECE. Just throw a bunch of cornstarch in a large basin (probably a couple boxes, maybe 3). Then add some water and mix a bit at a time until it's goopy. It should have the consistency that allows you to have a little difficulty picking it up (seemingly solid) then will ooze between your fingers like liquid. Very cool activity. Can add some colouring to it for fun. Don't try to keep it for future use though....I tried....it's gross. It's an awesome activity!

Momof4
12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, I've made it and added a green few drops of food colour too for Hallowe'en and told the children it was monster slime. Just a little heads up, everywhere they touch will leave a dry residue and I have black chairs so it showed up everywhere. Oh well, fun is the goal.

BlueRose
12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
can you make it the night before or do you have to use it right away?
I went out and bought cornstarch after dinner so I can try this tomorrow.

sweetiepia
12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
OMG sooo much fun....and if you have older kids, you can scare them by slapping the sh*t out of the stuff and nothing happens...no splatter anyting hahaha hilarious

cfred
12-21-2012, 05:55 AM
I tend to prefer it as a summer activity outside. I'll make a large basin of the stuff, maybe 2, put the kids in swim suits and let them at it. It's really fun for kids when rules go out the window too.

I'm not sure the kids I have now will enjoy it, but would love it if they did. They are very young (11 mos-18mos) and don't seem to enjoy having goopy hands.

apples and bananas
12-21-2012, 06:14 AM
I did it yesturday.

I only attempted it with my 3 year old and not with the 15 month old. It is messy, but he had a ton of fun and played with it for at least half an hour. He had the funniest look on his face trying to figure it all out.

I let him do the mixing so he could see the different textures come together and change.

It really wasn't that hard to clean up either. It came out of everything with a few wipes.

kidlove
12-21-2012, 09:45 AM
yes, and it's easy to clean up after. no worry about clothing too!