PDA

View Full Version : This dcm is unbelievable!

monkeymama
12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
ugh what a nice way to end a fun week....so dcm calls me thursday morning to say dcg wouldnt be coming that day, she would be spending the day with grandma....the reason is mom had to leave for work before i open and grandma just offered to take her for the whole day....since its my fault she couldnt come, does she still have to pay???? are you serious?! i couldnt believe she said that to me...i told her you knew my hours when you signed on 6 months! ago and yes you are still responsible for paying for that day...then she calls me this morning to say dcd will be picking dcg up and he doesnt have any money so do i have any plans or can she bring it by this weekend? ya i dont have any plans on christmas?! ugh unbelievable this lady is.... i have an interview beginning of january i am hoping goes well and then im saying buh-bye to this crazy woman!

Inspired by Reggio
12-21-2012, 12:38 PM
WOW what a peach!

Do you get paid AFTER the fact?

Clients like this are why my policy says I charge a $10/day late fee for every day their fees are in late ... so fees for next week or two weeks depending on their payment schedule were do TODAY by noon ... if a client showed up at drop off this morning without them I would give them until close tonight as 'grace' without charging them. However if they arrive after close it is $10 late fee, if they arrive after noon on Saturday another $10, if they arrive after noon on Sunday another $10 and if they attempted to show up on the Monday without CASH because now there are too many days before the cheque would clear they would be denied care at the door ... I do not work for FREE ;)

monkeymama
12-21-2012, 12:45 PM
she has until pick up tonight or I will be charging them a late fee, which she is aware of. i just couldnt believe her audacity! this woman always acts like she is doing me a favor and it just drives me nuts

Inspired by Reggio
12-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Sending you filler up vibes for the new year Monkeymama so you can replace her with a client who values you and give her a lesson that no one is 'entitled' to service!

monkeymama
12-21-2012, 12:51 PM
thank you reggio! this woman is the reason i had to implement both a late payment and late pick up fee! ridiculous! hubby and i are going to go over our budget for the new year and even if i dont get another client i may term anyway. this woman causes me too much stress when all my other parents are great.

crafty
12-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Unbelievable ... how can people just be so inconsiderate. I am happy I decided to ask for the month to be paid in full on the first day the daycare is open. I give the parents an invoice 2 weeks before payment is due. I have been lucky so far did not get any problems.

So sorry for you monkeymama !!

Inspired by Reggio
12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
That would be my plan of action as well ... honestly many times in my life I have walked away from good money jobs for LESS heck I once walked out of a job with no plan at all just trusting that there had to be 'something better' out there for me and that I had to leave this one NOW to find it cause it was so unbearable working under the conditions of that boss ... for me it is more about being happy and healthy than material things and I would sell all my possessions to make ends meet if I had to before working one day for someone who sucks my sole!

BlueRose
12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
1st - the grand mother could have brought her over at opening, so how is the fact the grandmother is lazy your fault.

Reggio is right - no money, no care.

I hope you fine a wonderful family to replace this one soon.
In the mean time start handing out bills for late payments.
I would also have all your clients start paying before hand. I have them pay on the Friday for the following 2 weeks.

apples and bananas
12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
You should take this break to implement the pay first with this client.

And you could word it as either a policy change or you could be honest and tell them. Due to several late payments I'm forced to change policy.

Clients just don't understand, if we dont' get paid, we don't buy as many groceries and we don't plan as many crafts. It effects their child directly.

Momof4
12-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Well, how rude and obnoxious a person is this woman! Sorry you are learning the hard way what to watch out for in the future in a client. You just never know, do you? But I'm very happy to hear that you are actively interviewing and replacing them and will be giving them notice. When you do, you can make it clear that THEY broke the contract and you can give them notice without any further explanation or regret. Good luck!