PDA

View Full Version : Doing daycare in the city vs the city

sweetness852010
12-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Here is my stitution: we are very tired of living in the condo enviroment and want to move into a house. My husband wants to move in the country were we would have more space. I had asked him well what would i do if we did that. How would that work for the daycare? He told me he would rather me be a stay at home mom and look after our kids. But i love what i do its my job! Not that i would love to stay home and look after my little ones but i think id be bored with myself.:( my question is has anyone doing/or done daycare in the country? Was it long to find kids? What did you do besides the internet for advertising? Do/did you like the being out in the country? I know there would be pros and cons to it. But im not sure. If we did it wouldnt be til august so not sure.

Crayola kiddies
12-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Not sure where you are but I live in the country .... We have several acres ..... And I'm full. It will all depend on your location. My location is excellent cause the highway is right up the road so anybody traveling into the city has to pass by my house. So when you look for a place ... Location will be everything .... Also check out the postal code on daycare bear and see if the area is saturated in daycares already as well look on kijiji.....

apples and bananas
12-30-2012, 09:57 PM
I think it all depends on your location. I live in a rural area and I'm full with a full wait list. I have to remove my listings everywhere so I don't get phone calls. I know of anothe area that is way more country then I am and they're full all the time too. It's really hard to find care out there because no one does it.

Start looking into the areas you want to live as if you're looking for a daycare. You may find there's a huge demand!

daycaremom9
12-31-2012, 12:52 AM
I've been doing family daycare for 6 years now. I would consider that we're in the country but we're 15 minutes away from 2 different cities. It was pretty hard the first couple of years. I had to drop-offs& pick-ups from the school. In the last 3 years it has been considerably easier. I find myself advertising less and not worrying about filling the daycare. Last January I stopped accepting kids older than 5 years old and therefor I don't go to the school anymore.It sounds like you're able to wait it out if your daycare doesn't take off right away. Chances are that you won't make as much money in the country but I make enough money to make it work.