PDA

View Full Version : Please Any one about licensing requirement A to Z

Mrs Ahmed
01-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi daycare providers,
I really want to make my daycare licensed but trust me I know nothing about requirement anybody who has lots of patience to tell me from A to Z I will really appreciate them:)
sincerely
Mrs Ahmed

jodaycare
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
In Ontario, it is pretty much impossible to get a license for a home daycare. You can join an agency such as Wee Watch, then you can accept subsidy but you must also meet fire and health regulations. You must also meet ratios according to the Day Nurseries Act, which means you can still only care for 5 children but your own children (6 and under) count in that 5 plus you can only have 2 children under 2, three children under 3 and so on. another thing to consider if you join an agency is you do not control how much you charge, the agency charges the parents a set fee but only pays you a portion of that, last time I checked I think the parents were charged almost $40 a day but the provider only received $36.50 or something like that. Hope this helps.

Big Hearts
01-02-2013, 02:51 PM
In winnipeg the city holds a class for one day you watch a video and talk over what it means to be licenced. They give you a buntch of papers as to what you need to do and how your house needs to be laidout and if you wish to still do it take a red cross CPR and 40 hrs of early childhooh education. It takes about a year. A work comes to your house and will look in your closets play space go over you paper work and let you know what to charge and howmany kids you can have...most start at 4 kids.