PDA

View Full Version : First Interview!!!.... a bit nervous

Miss Amanda
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Hello,
I just started advertizing and will be opening my home daycare for april 2013. I have secured my first interview. YaY!!! What are some of the questions/concerns that parents usually ask when coming in for an interview? I am also trying to perfect my contract. What should be included in my contract? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything important.
Any others tips are all welcomed...
Thanks!:)

Spixie33
01-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Usually the main areas that parents will ask about are
nap areas/schedule,
what you do for a program,
Outside time - do you go out, how often, how long?
Meals - is there a menu, what food do you serve, what times,
Do you have a police check and CPR
Do you do a daily report via journal or print out?
What other ages are in the daycare or how many children do you plan to take

Try to have a daily schedule to show them - that gives them an idea of what their child's day would be like

In your contract - I would cover-->

Your open hours,
What is your lateness policy if parent is late?
Payment policy - when are fees due, do you have a late fee, what is your policy if parent writes a NSF cheque?
Outdoor policy on what you will ask parents to send in depending on season
Your vacation time policy i.e do parents get any unpaid days off and how many, what is the daycare vacation time i.e three weeks throughout the year
What is your emergency closure procedure i.e a clause saying that from time to time you may have to close for an emergency like family illness or funeral and that you will notify them as soon as possible in this case.
What is your sick day policy ie Fees are based on enrollment, not attendance....if a child is sick then fees will not vary.
Also a list of times when a child should be kept home for at least 24 hours i.e rashes, pink eye, vomiting, etc
Stats - do you charge for stats and will fees be expected? Make a list of stats that you will be paid for if applicable. i.e Easter Monday and Family day can be iffy so best to put it in your contract
things t
hat parents supply/things that you supply

Momof4
01-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm send you good luck wishes Amanada, but I saw on your other thread that you are an ECE grad. You should have a good idea about how to make a contract, a resume, run a daily program and make a website. But if you look back through threads and do some research you will find everything you need to know.