PDA

View Full Version : So tired and sad today.

jodaycare
01-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Four years ago today, my Dad passed away. I miss him so much. Add that to huge financial stress and only 3 hours sleep and that makes for a very hard day. I wish the world would just slow down so I can catch my breath.

Crayola kiddies
01-08-2013, 06:36 AM
I understand how you feel completely ..... I lost my parents also both during the holiday season. Dec 16 was 5 yrs for my dad (he passed 3 days after my daughter was born ) and it was 6 years for my mom on jan 1...... They say it gets easier but I'm still waiting for that ....so gig hugs to you today : )

jodaycare
01-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Thank you! Thankfully I still have my Mom. I can't believe it has been four years already, it still seems like yesterday.

Dreamalittledream
01-08-2013, 06:56 AM
I wish the world would just slow down so I can catch my breath.
Powerful words. Sending out a virtual hug and hoping your day gets better.

jodaycare
01-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Thank you. I have been feeling this way for a while now and today is just the icing on the proverbial cake.

treeholm
01-08-2013, 07:28 AM
I lost my Mom two years ago this month. It's still so very hard... lost my Dad in 1968 and I still miss him terribly too. Sending hugs...

jodaycare
01-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Thank you. !968 was the year my husband was born and the year my parents were married.

jodaycare
01-08-2013, 08:44 AM
So sorry to hear that dodge! It doesn't really get easier does it? I have really teary today, I have not been this upset since the day he died. I guess the fact that I am stressed and exhausted aren't helping matters.

Inspired by Reggio
01-08-2013, 09:01 AM
:glomp:

Loss of a loved one is always hard ~ even though we can no longer touch them they live on forever in our hearts and all around us with their healing energy!

Momof4
01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Jo, December is my difficult month because we lost my Dad really quickly to a brain tumour 4 years ago Dec. 28th. I was a complete mess that day a couple weeks ago so I know exactly how you feel. Big hugs from me.

My Mom is strong and we are best friends. I call her every other day at least and I promised my Dad when he was letting go that I would take good care of her. I'm in tears now with you. We have to let ourselves feel the grief as it hits us because it's part of the healing process. I can finally look at pictures of my Dad and smile and treasure all the good memories.

gcj
01-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Wishing you strength to get through this tough day. Have a quiet day with the kiddos. Free play is good for them and it's okay to tell them that you feel sad.

BrightEyes
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Grieving is one of the hardest things we have to go through, but it helps to heal us and make us stronger. *HuGs*

jodaycare
01-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Jo, December is my difficult month because we lost my Dad really quickly to a brain tumour 4 years ago Dec. 28th. I was a complete mess that day a couple weeks ago so I know exactly how you feel. Big hugs from me.

My Mom is strong and we are best friends. I call her every other day at least and I promised my Dad when he was letting go that I would take good care of her. I'm in tears now with you. We have to let ourselves feel the grief as it hits us because it's part of the healing process. I can finally look at pictures of my Dad and smile and treasure all the good memories.

Thank you so much. I call my Mom all the time as well. She lives about 15 mins away so we see her a lot too. She is a strong woman as well and went through hell for the last six weeks of my Dad's life, she was the caregiver and had to deal with sleepless nights, my Dad's agitated state and his pain. He spent the last two weeks of his life in the hospital and might have lived a little bit longer if they had not brought a patient into his room that had a horrible cough, I am guessing pneumonia, three days after that man was put in Dad's room, Dad started declining fast. We do not know his exact cause of death, I think he was septic because his organs just started shutting down and he was oozing everywhere and was swollen. He passed quickly as far as we know, no one was there with him because it happened at breakfast time and my Mom had not arrived yet.

treeholm
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I was my mother's full-time caregiver for the last two years of her life, and I think that made it even more difficult. I felt cast adrift when she died; like my whole purpose was gone. Sounds melodramatic, I know, and I have a great husband, three grown-up children with life partners I adore, and now two wonderful little granddaughters. But it was still just horrible. Opening my daycare has helped as I feel I'm doing something worthwhile again (somehow, being a university professor never did feel very worthwhile, although it's a good part-time job and I appreciate the income). I went to get some grief counselling, and the counsellor pointed out that a big problem was the fact that my dad died when I was little, 45 years ago, and we never talked about it in my family. No one wanted to upset anyone else, so no one mentioned my dad to me after the funeral, at least until I was an adult with children of my own. The other thing my counsellor said was to expect the "TUG's" and not let them worry me. That stands for "temporary urges of grief" that come up suddenly even years later. He said that's normal. So when I have a day where I'm sad and tired all over again, I realize it's normal and not a sign that I'm getting worse again. Hope that makes sense. I found it very helpful!