PDA

View Full Version : Website info

martymonty
01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi
I read on here a while back about some daycare providers making a website to advertise their business. They listed a couple of the free sites that they used and I am looking for that information again as I cannot find on here. Could someone please let me know what sites are good to use as far as safety, cost factor (would prefer free if possible) and if you have been happy with that site.
thanks!

Momof4
01-08-2013, 09:15 AM
I use freewebs.com and I love it. Once I got rolling my website turned out great and I get tons of compliments when I'm interviewing parents. It's our front line to the public.

bright sparks
01-08-2013, 09:27 AM
webs.com or wix.com are the ones I here people use most often. Also be sure to add your business to google places. I find that when I google myself my business is always in the top 3 also due to my business name being at the beginning of the alphabet(B) means that my listing will come up earlier in searches that bring results up alphabetized.

BlueRose
01-08-2013, 09:28 AM
I use Weebly.com I use the basic free one, but you can upgrade for a free. it is very easy. mom 60 year old mother who is bad on a computer was able to do a website for her paintings, no problem, so very easy.

BlueRose
01-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Google Places like Bright Spark said is good and free.

martymonty
01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks ladies for the replies, got lots to go n :)

playfelt
01-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Mine is still only one page and a contact page but it is from the google homepage www.yolasite.com and was free but lots of options for upgrading of course.

My site is here: www.sharonshomedayca re.yolasite.com

martymonty
01-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I looked on google places, I noticed it asked for a phone number and I'm always leery of putting that information down. I am very protective of my daycare family and usually only accept initial contact to be by email. do you think it is a safe practice to have your phone number listed for anyone and everyone to see.

bright sparks
01-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Mine is still only one page and a contact page but it is from the google homepage www.yolasite.com and was free but lots of options for upgrading of course.

My site is here: www.sharonshomedayca re.yolasite.com

Great website for only 1 page playfelt. Love the pictures and how thorough your info is.

Just wanted to point out a typo to you though..."Ontario"

bright sparks
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM
I looked on google places, I noticed it asked for a phone number and I'm always leery of putting that information down. I am very protective of my daycare family and usually only accept initial contact to be by email. do you think it is a safe practice to have your phone number listed for anyone and everyone to see.

I think having my phone number there is fine. I am not listed so people can't do reverse number look up and my street address isn't listed either. I good chunk of my inquiries are calls and I wouldn't want to prevent people who prefer that method of communication from getting in touch with me. I know that email is the most popular way of contacting people but I find that telephone is much more personal and some people when searching for this kind of thing prefer that over an impersonal form of contact, even though its just an initial email followed no doubt by a phone call, I still feel like I want to make my business as accessable as possible. I feel I can still do this efficiently while keeping my daycare children safe.

playfelt
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Great website for only 1 page playfelt. Love the pictures and how thorough your info is.

Just wanted to point out a typo to you though..."Ontario"

Thank you - but help not seeing it. Problem when you read something so often is you fill in the right letters. Can you give me the sentence please....

playfelt
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Thank you - but help not seeing it. Problem when you read something so often is you fill in the right letters. Can you give me the sentence please....

Never mind found it ---- like I said if you read it too many times you just fill in the missing letters.