PDA

View Full Version : What is your vision for your childcare centre?

samantha3
01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what your vision/value statement is for your childcare centre? What are your ideals/goals for the children in your care and what is your image of children?
Mine is running a program that responds to and follows children's interests. Respecting children as individuals while helping to support their needs as they continue to grow and develop new skills.

I strive to have an environment that supports imaginative play without overstimulating children with too many toys out at one time. Open ended materials are something that I strongly believe in as they open up the possibility to endless imagination and ideas.

What is your vision for childcare?

gcj
01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
My vision is to provide a home away from home. They're so young and I believe that preschoolers need love, warmth and stability for more than an institution-type environment. I provide educational activities and prepare them for school, but most of all, I want to be a second home to them.....an extension of their family.

Bugaboo
01-14-2013, 01:10 PM
My vision is to run the daycare that I would want my children to attend. I take a lot of pride in the program I offer. In addition to the loving home-like environment I have, my two main "philosophies" are healthy eating and healthy sleeping-- I believe both are crucial to having happy and well behaved kids. While I do a lot of different activities to enrich our day, I also have a "learn through play" attitude so I really strive to have a good balance of not just structured activities but free play/time as well.

Inspired by Reggio
01-14-2013, 02:41 PM
PROVIDING BALANCE ;)

Balance between treasuring childhood and enjoying the moment we are currently in as long as possible while gently preparing them for what is coming next through purposeful play and daily invitations that promote new skills and mastery.