PDA

View Full Version : What to buy for a start up

torontokids
01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I am almost finished setting up my daycare space and will start advertising in a week. Question about furniture. I am advertising as offering b and a care and toddler/preschool care. I have a small table and chairs but was wondering if I should purchase a "normal" height table and chairs for older kids. What do others do? I don't want parents to feel I am only set up for little kids but I don't want to purchase items I don't need. My daycare space is seperate from my house so using my dining furniture is not an option. I have the same question about toys. Thanks!

BlueRose
01-14-2013, 06:55 AM
I do both before & After school and toddler/preschool. I don't own a "adult size" table, I just don't have the room. We all sit at the kid size table, even my family at dinner time. I dream of the day I can move and get big table. If you have the space get a big table or a few folding chairs ans folding tables (adult size) for the school age kids, so you can put fold them up when not in use.
You can get away with the kids size table if you really wanted too.

playfelt
01-14-2013, 07:25 AM
SInce the big kids will only be in care for a short time I would get a cardtable and 4 chairs set and just put it up and down as needed. You can make great use of the table with your toddlers by putting a blanket over it to make a playhouse - there are lots of patterns out there for sewing actual covers with themes like firestation/spaceship too but certainly not necessary when an old blanket or sheet serves the same purpose.

Just having a couple puzzles, maybe a game or two, some craft supplies like markers and construction paper, a couple pairs of scissors and glue sticks should be enough on hand for school age.

Besides I am assuming your plan is to get as many toddlers/preschoolers as you can since the before/after kids take up a space without producing any income in the sense they can pretty much eat for snack and use in supplies what you are paid for their care.