PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap! I deserve a medal today!

kidlove
01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Wow! I literally have sweat dripping down the sides of my face and my shirt has absorbed the afternoons "craziness". I have an infant who cries when put down or not being fed, I have a near 2 year old who is deathly afraid of the infant when she cries, so pretty much all day long! he is screaming or crying or both! I have a near 3 year old I am potty training (which is going quite well but) add that to the rest and you have confusion to say the least. Then a 3 year old who IS potty trained but not, "penis pointing down into the toilet" trained. (you can imagine the mess I just had all over the bathroom floor.:eek: and a quite surprising (at this moment) very compliant but otherwise quite needy and attention seeking 4 year old who is attempting to lay quietly while three little ones scream around her. :huh: oops, forgot the crying 8 month old.:)
In the midst of the sweat and screaming, pee and diapers and blankets...the door rings...jehovahs witnesses stopping for a quick chat, I answer the door to tell them"def not today" and they look at me in terror!:ohmy::blink: ! "we can see you are very busy!" with out a word from me, they turn and walk away! even a jahovah doesn't want to come in my house right now!!!!! :unsure: and here I stand, sweaty but strong! loving my job but hating it all at the same time! If I any less a woman I would be curled up in a closet right now with a bottle of booz sucking my thumb. But....I can handle this, I can handle anything! I am a Day Care Provider.....once again, I DARE, anyone to try and succeed at this job ANY given day of the week! .................... ...now to the couch for a 5 minute breather!!!!! WEW!:crying::D The many faces of the Day Care lady!

dodge__driver11
01-15-2013, 12:46 PM
LOOLLOLOOLOOL I grew up a jdub and can see the look right now....you can do it :)

jazmic
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I am woman! HEAR ME ROAR! LOL! You go girl!

dodge__driver11
01-15-2013, 12:54 PM
When I went out a door knockin' I tried not to impose, cause hell even I knew people were busy and for gods sake it was saturday!!

Spixie33
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
LOL sending you calming vibes Kidlove.

at least you have a good attitude about it. Only a few hours to go

mimi
01-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Thank you kidlove for your inspiration. When I have a cryer, I think of my forum buddies and know some of you are going through the same thing at the same moment and it helps me cope and not feel alone. :wave:

Other Mummy
01-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow..okay...my hats off to you. When I'm having a bad day, I'm going to come back and read this. :laugh:

That's rough. Hope you put your feet up tonite and relax. You deserve it.

Momof4
01-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Oh kidlove, I'm so very sorry that I laughed all through your post. Thanks for summing up our typical days with such humour and honesty. Hey, if we don't keep a great sense of humour we will lose our minds, won't we? You're doing a great job but it sounds like you need a bubble bath with a lovely beverage and some spa music and a good book this evening.

Skysue
01-15-2013, 07:32 PM
So funny, been there done that! It's days like this that let us know truly how strong we are.

I hope you have a nice bubble bath and glass of wine tonight, you deserve it.

Calgarymom
01-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Laughin - so sorry. I had the week from hell last week and so far this week has gone wonderfully!!! That part of why I love this job just as you think I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE. The new baby laughs. The 18m dcb goes and Hugs the 11m dcg cos she is crying (so cute even my 17year old son melted lol). And just one day goes mostly well and life is awesome again !- until tomorrow when my new vegetarian starts:-) buts that a new post!!! Lol

kidlove
01-16-2013, 07:56 AM
ha ha thanks for all your support, I clearly survived as today is a new day! by the end of the day, my hands were shaking from stress, no joke. ;) so glad it's over....I only have two today, will be a piece of cake! haven't had a day that stressful in a long time! to top it off I had some personal stuff going on as well, which made everything 10 times worse. (as you all know, because we work from home, it is VERY difficult to leave "home at home") that was that topper on the cake...oh no, wait a minute...the topper on the cake was the dad who showed up two hours late for pickup, when his kid was the most dificult to handle, 4 months old and cries if she is not being fed EVERY 1.5 hours (not kidding) or just changed or being held. This kid is so far a major thorn in my side, and as much as I adore ALL the kids, it takes a lot for me to feel that way! big time stress trying to care for her, and keep her happy! Dad has enough nerve picking up two hours late to ask me 20 questions, "did you shush her" "did you hold her to your side and sway her"? "did you burp her'? :cursing: two hours late for pick up and dares to question my methods with his screaming infant while standing in my door (not leaving) :) at one point even unpacked her from her car seat to try and "sway" her and "shush" her....my husband sitting there with this look on his face like "leave already"....due to her screams I had two others crying and trying to make supper while he works on his kid at my door......felt like saying, "could you pack up your screaming "pain in the @$$ kid and go home?" so glad that is done!!!!!!!

Momof4
01-16-2013, 04:44 PM
2 hours late? Then he was rude? That is unacceptable, completely unacceptable. You are being too nice. Today you should have handed them a letter of warning to shape up or ship out. I would have been the angriest HDCP these parents had ever seen last night, Kidlove. Don't let people, especially clients walk all over you like that!