PDA

View Full Version : Friday !!

crafty
01-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Wow am I happy it's Friday ... This is week 3 of introducing 2 new one year olds and OMG are they having a difficult time... Especialy with nap time. It is constant crying/screaming and last night my day ended with a splitting headache. I am so happy today is Friday I only have one child ( no babies ) and we are in the living room ( I never use my living room for daycare). We are watching cartoons and playing with some dinos. Will totally be taking it easy today I need it.

So there, I really have nothing constructive to say but I had to let the guilt out about taking this day slowly and letting the kids watch TV while I finish my coffee comfortably on my sofa.

OUCH WHAT A WEEK !!

Dreamalittledream
01-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Poor you!! I like doing that too; switching up play areas sometimes for something different. Hoping for a better week next week for you! Yay for Friday!!!

DisneyPrincess
01-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Nothing wrong with taking it easy, especially on Fridays !! I do that often now since the winter started, I hate winter : sick all the time (kids AND me), no energy, no fun.. well the kids still have fun, they dont know the difference. Needless to say I was way more active when there was no snow on the ground, we would go out more often. For sure thank god its Friday, and thumbs up for taking it slow :thumbsup:

kidlove
01-18-2013, 08:00 AM
oh man i feel you there! my week started with the scream and cry game, and yes..you do end the day with an awful headache. Fell asleep that night at 8pm and didn't wake until 6:30 the next morning. Felt awful because my own kids missed out on me due to the fact that I was so wore out from the days events. Those are the times I feel so guilty. :( I guess even when we work from home it still sometimes takes away from family?! don't blame you for the cartoon this am, and take it easy all day of you want to, that is a good thing about this job, nothing wrong with a "down day" every once in a while. Plus...it's friday! lots of fridays we have movie day....we all veg out and eat snacks, build a fort out of chairs and blankets and watch movies. The kids think it's the best...and so do I! HAPPY FRIDAY! and may next week bring more PEACE!

apples and bananas
01-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Sounds like a great start to a great day! You deserve it.

I think TV is ok as long as it's monitored. I think it can be beneficial to sit with a child and watch mickey mouse or jake and the pirates. This way I can do the counting with the child and assist them in the requests of those characters.

My sons kindergarten class uses you tube of all things as a teaching tool. The key is to not just stick a child in front of it and walk away.

Enjoy your relaxing day!

mimi
01-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Enjoy your day Crafty, you have obviously earned some couch time. LOL My hubby is home with the flu. A sick grown man is equal to 2 toddlers. Geez, you would think he was on his death bed except for the fact he ate a full breakfast and read the paper before "collapsing" back in bed.:rolleyes:

DisneyPrincess
01-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Enjoy your day Crafty, you have obviously earned some couch time. LOL My hubby is home with the flu. A sick grown man is equal to 2 toddlers. Geez, you would think he was on his death bed except for the fact he ate a full breakfast and read the paper before "collapsing" back in bed.:rolleyes:

lol Oh the poor man lolll

gravy_train
01-18-2013, 08:43 AM
I just started my daycare so had my own 10 month old son and 11 month old DCG ... It was rough for the first 4 weeks and then got better for a couple of weeks before christmas and now after three weeks off she is having a rough week again. her parents told me that she was sick over the holidays so they carried her almost the whole time and just gave her whatever she wanted. she has been back with me for 7 days now and we have had improvements every day :-).
however, i started transitioning a 2 year old DCB into care yesterday and he had a super rough time so it really disrupted our flow and upset DCG. At one point DCB and DCG were both wailing away and my own little guy was just staring at me with these huge eyes as if to say, `what the heck, mom!`
good for you for giving yourself an easy day today! hope you enjoy it!

monkeymama
01-18-2013, 12:01 PM
tgif! i have been looking forward to tonight all week- hubby and i going out for a date :) it has been a long week of transitioning my new 11 month old dcg. it has actually been going decently well, she ate today and only cried for about 10 mins then fell asleep. but she clearly is carried all day long at home. she just hangs onto my pant leg for dear life until i pick her up lol- shes a fiesty one lol. so looking forward to some quiet time with my hubby tonight. i need it!

crafty
01-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Well thanks to all for your comments ! I keep saying this ..I love this job but the bad days are soooo bad. You got 2 crying babies for 3 weeks now because they are new and they want their Mommy back, then you have your own 2 that are either super whiney or having tantrums because they are also feeling a little insecure about MOM giving all this attention to the new babes and eveyone else is sick or some are semi-potty trainned and you spend your time picking up messes, asnwering demands and just trying to keep the peace.

Anyway we all do it and we all survive to have betters days and today IS a good one. Just taking it easy with the kids and looking forward to the evenning. I have a date night as well with my hubby and am just sooo going to enjoy a great meal with a good glass of wine ...or 2. Until then it's nice to be able to chat to you ladies and get the steam out.

Cheers to a Happy Friday and a Great weekend !!

Inspired by Reggio
01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
TGIF ladies ~ hope everyone is finding ways to cope with the last day of the week ... we are having a PD day here so I was expecting a busy full house and ended up having two families choose to keep their younger ones home for a family day with the older siblings so whoot whoot we went off to playgroup for the entire morning and packed a lunch and had it while out and than came home and off to bed ... that is my kinda Friday .... well my ideal day in general ;)