PDA

View Full Version : Looooong finger nails

Sunflower
02-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't stand them on kids lol
I used to have a little boy here that always had extremely long finger and toe nails. The were all jagged and crooked/ dirty. I really did not feel comfortable discussing this with his mother so one day I trimmed them .
Since then I trim any nails that need a trim !!! I really hope the parents are not insulted by this but when the get long, they break and get jagged. As a result others get scratched, the nails get really dirty etc. What do you all do when you notice a child needs a trimming ?

Play and Learn
02-09-2011, 12:16 PM
My parents have asked me to trim their kids nails if I feel they need trimming (and if the kids let me hold their hands). I would only get permission on this unless there was one hanging or something.

fruitloop
02-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I cut them. Long nails can lead to scratching of other kids or me either on purpose or by accident. Not going to have that here.

progressions
02-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Short nails are a matter of hygeine and are necessary for using "gentle hands" so I ask permission once and no parent has refused yet. My daycare children think it is great fun, as everyone "gets a turn" and they get lotion on their hands afterward. I only have infants and toddlers, so anything I can do to prevent germ spread is done! Why do so many parents neglect this simple chore??

Sunflower
02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I know right?...... then today as I was giving my kids breakfast I noticed my 5 year old's nails are LONG lol.
Not jagged lol.... but longer than I would like them to be hahahaha. I swear they grew overnight!

Julian
05-11-2019, 12:12 PM
My husband comes home from doing Halifax towing (https://www.towtruckhalifax. com/) and has so much grease under his nails and my son thought ti was cool so he purposely put dirt under his nails and showed it to his father when he got home. I thought it was funny.

LiamHoskins
08-15-2019, 06:26 AM
I think this is not a very important problem at all.

vseprosto90211
02-20-2020, 09:16 PM
I would ask his mother's permission at first. How can you trim his nails without permission, it's not your child. If you don't feel comfortable to discuss such things, then you don't need to interfere in the way she brings up her child. I don't see something strange if you would discuss such things with child's parents.

vipar
04-24-2020, 12:28 PM
I think kids moms should trim their nails.