PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else...(calls for care)

Play and Learn
06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
been getting lots of calls for daycare spots?

I am in Kemptville, and have had about 5 interviews in the past month, and have 3 set up for this week! So happy to finally (hopefully) fill my empty spots!

I've let down the past 5 as I either didn't get a good sensation from the parents or the kids were just outright brats. I'm very picky for a home daycare provider (and I get that), and am not desperate to accept anyone - we don't NEED the money, it's just nice to have something extra, you know?

Here's to hoping that at least one of the three that I have this week goes well! Fingers crossed!

playfelt
06-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Enquiries have picked up but so have the more unusual demands in terms of hours, number of days, special kids with allergies, parental demands, etc. I had an interview last week and have one for tomorrow. And turned down 3 other contacts because of age of kids, hours, or attitude of parent that came across in the email or on the phone.

Sandbox Sally
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
It's been really SLOW here in Toronto. There are literally DOZENS of home daycares posting on craigslist and kijiji on a daily basis, and I notice too that people are dropping their rates in what seems like an attempt to drum up business.