PDA

View Full Version : 6 passenger stroller

Little sprouts
02-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi. I have a home day care and will be looking to buy a 6 passenger stroller int he near future. Any suggestions? Does anyone use one for their child care?

sunnydays
02-05-2013, 05:40 AM
I have a Bye Bye Buggy that I bought used. It works for my purposes, but is heavy on the hills. I think the best is a Runabout, but they are very expensive. Keep your eyes out on Kijiji for what you can find used.

cfred
02-05-2013, 08:04 AM
I have the Angeles Bye Bye 6 passenger stroller as well. I love it! However, I do wonder how long it will hold up, being a very heavy, folding stroller. I looked at the runabouts too, but found them to be very impractical. They don't fold or reduce in any way, making it difficult to fit into my townhouse garage. In addition, you can't fit it in your vehicle, but must purchase a special hitch and tow it behind. But I'm betting they're much sturdier.

But so far, I'm loving my Angeles. I got mine new on Amazon for about $1000. I didn't see any others than the 2 in my research. It was agonizing forcing myself to spend that much money, but really, it was totally worth it. Going out is much, much easier.....BUT, yup....pretty heavy going up those hills! Great work out!

playfelt
02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
A friend of mine has the turtle bus. it is very expensive but she really likes it.

jodaycare
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I have the six seat runabout and I love it! I ordered it directly from the company so i saved about $1000 dollars.

giraffe
02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Im with jodaycare on the Runabout... I have a quad that I bought from a fellow provider and I LOVE it. The Runabout pushes really well in the snow...

sunnydays
02-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Yours is not the same as mine...mine is a hard plastic frame and does not fold up....so it's extremely durable. In fact, I bought it for $300 from a daycare centre and have since put in new seatbelts and new wheels (I upgraded to the fat tires). It is great and affordable and gets us around, but I cannot take it in my vehicle, that's for sure! However, I expect the frame will pretty much last forever...and it's really easy to clean as it's all plastic...it can just be hosed down or wiped.

I have the Angeles Bye Bye 6 passenger stroller as well. I love it! However, I do wonder how long it will hold up, being a very heavy, folding stroller. I looked at the runabouts too, but found them to be very impractical. They don't fold or reduce in any way, making it difficult to fit into my townhouse garage. In addition, you can't fit it in your vehicle, but must purchase a special hitch and tow it behind. But I'm betting they're much sturdier.

But so far, I'm loving my Angeles. I got mine new on Amazon for about $1000. I didn't see any others than the 2 in my research. It was agonizing forcing myself to spend that much money, but really, it was totally worth it. Going out is much, much easier.....BUT, yup....pretty heavy going up those hills! Great work out!

cfred
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I looked at the hard ones, but had nowhere to keep one. Being in a townhouse, my garage is for storage and daycare supplies. I needed a stroller pronto when I moved in and started getting clients. Couldn't find anything on kijiji, craigslist or ebay that fit my needs so had to fork out the cash for my folding one. I've been admiring the hard one though. They look great!