PDA

View Full Version : Already Terminated

Shannie
02-05-2013, 02:42 PM
SO, I terminated my dcg and her last day is next week. I gave 30 days notice as stated in my contract. Ever since I gave notice, her mom has been rude and inconsiderate, trying to switch days without paying, giving me the gears for staying open when my daughter had a nasty cold...etc. Anyways, today...no show, no call, no text, nothing. I am soooo done with this rudeness. This has happened before and I usually text to find out if she is coming, but with only 4 days in care left until she is done I didn't bother. My question is...would you bring it up if they show up for their next day, or just drop it? I'm kind of hoping that they just don't come back, they have already paid. But seriously, why can't people be considerate enough to let their provider know that they won't be there that day? It only takes a second. *rant over*

mimi
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
She is angry about the termination and she wants an altercation with you. You can either a) ignore her no show and rude behaviour and be your pleasant self showing her you will not stoop to her level or b) when she shows up hand her the monies for days unused (already paid for) and firmly shut the door in her face without saying a word. This woman is a bitch and you don't have to take her immature behaviour.

gramma
02-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I think I would make myself unavailable for the rest of the days. If she questions it, you can tell her that her behaviour is uncalled for and unacceptable. The fact that she didnt give you the courtesy of a call for not coming as enough reason.

DisneyPrincess
02-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah she is pissed off so why would she ''respect'' you. Dont worry about it, if she paid already... its her loss. I wouldnt pay the days back, was this like the deposit at signature ?? For me, no refund of the deposit and immediate termination for that much rudness, oh yeah !

Shannie
02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't take deposits. She has paid for 2 days this week and 2 next. She never handed me a schedule for February, so I assumed her days were Tuesday and Thursday like last month. If they show tomorrow I will not be nice. Is it legal to keep their fees for this month but tell them to take a hike because I'm not dealing with the bs for another 2 weeks.

Momof4
02-05-2013, 08:01 PM
What a Pettyprincess she is! (No offence DPrincess, haha) But seriously, she's just being a jerk because you fired her. Can you get them out sooner? If it were me I would let everything roll off my back for the next week until they are done and let her know that her petty tricks don't bother me. If you let her see she's making you mad then she will feel like she has taken the power, know what I mean? Some people always want to be the most powerful, etc.

playfelt
02-06-2013, 08:39 AM
If she hasn't given you a schedule and she just shows up you could say something like oh I'm sorry I didn't know little XXX was coming today and I do not have enough food, craft supplies, etc planned for her. You will have to take her back home. Please remember that you must prebook the days that you are using. And then feel free to add that this is one of the reasons why you termintated care in that you can't have your daycare held hostage to her whims.

kidlove
02-06-2013, 09:19 AM
depends what your contracts state, IF they have already paid and your contracts allow...I would give a call and let them know that "no-show" is grounds for immediate termination and you will not have a spot for their daughter the next four days. that is IF your contracts allow you to do so....mine state...."no-show,no-pay and non-compliance of all other rules are grounds for immediate termination" you were very kind to give 30 days notice, if I were you, I would be done TODAY! good luck! ;)

kidlove
02-06-2013, 09:24 AM
why aren't you keeping her days scheduled? does she show up just any random two days she wants? could you leave for the day tomorrow? take a little outing somewhere, during her time of drop off? then when she calls to ask why you weren't there for her child? you can explain you were under the understanding that she was keeping the same days as last month, given she didn't inform you otherwise, so you planned an outing the next day not thinking her daughter would be in attendance. :)

Shannie
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
The problem with her schedule is that she was full time up until January. When she started 2 days a week the parents didn't understand why they couldn't just show up any 2 days a week. They told me Tues-Thurs. Once they told me Thurs morning that they were keeping her home and bringing her Friday instead. I told her it was an extra days fees and she freaked a little and when I explained that it was all in the contract that she signed, she brought dcg within the hour. I just think that they will play me until they go. Time to write into my contract about the grounds for immediate terminations. I am just too nice of a person. I never thought in this business how much people will use you. I mean seriously....we watch the most precious people in their lives. I bent over backwards for my daughters provider.

kidlove
02-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I know exactly how you feel Shannie. I am still learning after nearly 10 years and have had MANY parents in the past take advantage of my kindness and some still do. :) The only way I would allow anyone to use any random days through the week would be if they pay for the whole week, if they are only paying you for the two days they use, they must have set days. Even if they agreed to pay full time rate and only use two days per week, they should still be required to have those two days chosen and on the schedule well in advance, that's just respect and common courteousy. Sounds to me like they are not very respectful toward you, good thing they are on their way out, perhaps it would be best to just finish out the week. Smile and wave when they leave and wish them good luck! ;) THEN, change your contracts, and plan to get a little tougher. This is a hard job, in order to be great at what we do, we have to have very kind and understanding hearts towards the children and their families, but on the very same note, in order to be a successful business person...you have to be strong and stick with your rules and NOT let people use you or disrespect you! This is a great job, a total dream for someone like us, but it's also a hard job at times and you have to know when to get tough and stick up for yourself and your business. best of luck with the next family!