PDA

View Full Version : Registration at my daycare/documents?

Dreamtree
06-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the process of interviewing families for my home daycare.

Upon second interview/registration is there any documentation I should have them bring? Any tips would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Judy Trickett
06-09-2011, 12:03 PM
You need a contract. This is a MUST. You MUST have a contract.

By the way, have I mentioned how IMPORTANT a CONTRACT is???:p

Then you should also have a deposit form. Yes, you should be charging a deposit equal to two week's fees. And it is NOT refundable for ANY reason. Make sure your deposit form states this and they SIGN that sheet when they give you the deposit.

You also need a Personal Information Form. Child's name, address, birthdate, healthcare number, contact numbers, email addresses etc etc

Dreamtree
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Thank you Judy,

I have all the things you have mentioned. I am meaning more along the lines of identification?

Sarah
06-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Judy, is the deposit legal in Ontario???

agesandstagesdaycare
06-09-2011, 01:55 PM
For a deposit I only ask for an advance payment of first five days of care. I had parents sign with me months before I was ready to open. It was nonrefundable.

mom-in-alberta
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I am the queen of paperwork, self declared of course! :) When someone chooses to place their child in my care, they receive: my handbook/ contract (outlines all my policies and expectations, holidays, fees and late fees, and so on), a medication release form, photo/ transport release form, emergency contact info form, "Getting to Know Your Child" (they can outline likes/ dislikes, nap routines, other relevant info). First time daycare parents also get a "How to Prepare Your Child For Daycare" info sheet.
I don't give this out until I have a firm commitment from parents, and they must bring it all back with a cheque before I will begin care.

Dreamtree
06-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Thank you all for your replies! It looks like I have everything I need! I have a prepared handbook & contract. I also have emerg. release form. diaper routines and info forms, food specificities, photo release for portfolios, water play release...who knew you would need all of it, but better to be thorough right? :)
My deposit is quite small, cover like 3 days I will have to change this in the future.

Judy Trickett
06-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Judy, is the deposit legal in Ontario???

I have no idea. I can only assume so since even places like Ontario Hydro have the right to ask for a deposit.

Besides, I don't really care if it's legal. If you want a spot here you pay the deposit or............NEXT!

Sarah
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
I have no idea. I can only assume so since even places like Ontario Hydro have the right to ask for a deposit.

Besides, I don't really care if it's legal. If you want a spot here you pay the deposit or............NEXT!

atta girl!!!

Reading it, I thought to myself:"wow she is really hard in business! But she is so damn right!"
Thanks

Sarah