PDA

View Full Version : Lets make a pact ladies!

kidlove
02-08-2013, 11:17 AM
In regards to my post of "what do you do for yourself"! I would like to encourage all you great, "giving to others and putting yourself last" ladies ;).....this weekend, DO something for yourself, get out of the house alone, buy yourself something nice, watch a great chic flick, buy a good book, get a mani peti or massage, go to lunch with a friend, buy that "thing" you want but don't need for yourself.....just "treat" yourself, rejuvinate and come back on Monday to share with the others how great it was!!!!!! Have a GREAT friday, and even better weekend. I will get a mini makeover tonight, with highlights and maybe even get wild and have my brows done too, then i will take a nice long walk through the woods to take in the beauty of this wonderful winter wonderland before it all melts away! Go out and do something relaxing, exciting, rejuvinating!:wub: Have fun finding the "lost" you!!!!!!!!!

sunnydays
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Great idea! I've been feeling frumpy, lethargic, tired and just blah recently too. I need this! I just booked a one hour massage for myself for Sunday :) And I may just take myself out for a coffee afterward :) Can't wait to hear what everyone else is doing!

gcj
02-08-2013, 12:22 PM
What a great idea! You're on! Now to think of what......

JennJubie
02-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Well said! I'm enjoying the snow here, as it has given me the day off :D I have been sitting on my arse most of the day instead of getting up and catering to everyone else. Ahhhhh.....

Dreamalittledream
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Fantastic idea:). You rock!

sunnydays
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
You must have great families! All mine still made it...and will probably be late to pick up because of the weather :( Plus I have my son home from school because buses were cancelled...makes for a long, tiring day!

Well said! I'm enjoying the snow here, as it has given me the day off :D I have been sitting on my arse most of the day instead of getting up and catering to everyone else. Ahhhhh.....

Dreamalittledream
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
You must have great families! All mine still made it...and will probably be late to pick up because of the weather :( Plus I have my son home from school because buses were cancelled...makes for a long, tiring day!
Oh I so agree!!! I've actually managed to talk my 7 year old into quietly reading (gasp!) in his room for a bit!

mimi
02-08-2013, 02:13 PM
You are so right Kidlove :yes: Today we are having a snow day and I have 1 child today (teachers child.......aren't the schools closed in the GTA? Hmmm) Anyway, what have I been doing? D/C paperwork and snow clearing............ so yes, I will take the challenge and do something for me this weekend. Will report back on Monday with hopefully a tale of bliss. LOL

Inspired by Reggio
02-08-2013, 02:27 PM
I agree ~ we need to take care of ourselves body, spirit and soul otherwise eventually we have nothing to give others anyway!

We just got a family membership to the Y so I plan on having some 'me' time at an Aquafit class tomorrow morning while the men go work out with the weights ... trying to get some meat on my stepson so we do not need to worry about him blowing away in a wind storm poor thing is such a string bean!

BlueRose
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
I wish I could. My husband had surgery last Wednesday and can't help out around the house or pick up the kids for a few weeks. I am taking care of him, our kids, and the house no time for me. But as soon as he is back to work (in 8 weeks) I get a day to myself. :)
I am thinking about going to the spa

kidlove
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
funny reggio..... blowing away in the wind! hahaha:laugh::laugh:

kidlove
02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
oh Bluerose: that's just what I mean....you are so busy taking care of others......Dare you to step out for a walk alone, or take an uninterrupted bubble bath anyway! with the daycare and your hubby, you most of all deserve some real "ME" time. Do something for you this weekend and post back on Monday! have a great weekend. ;)

mimi
02-08-2013, 03:12 PM
best wishes for your hubby's speedy recouperation and while you wait for your spa day, do something nice for yourself each day and tell yourself something nice about you as well like "girl you rock those sweats" LOL:rolleyes:

JennJubie
02-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Oh I so agree!!! I've actually managed to talk my 7 year old into quietly reading (gasp!) in his room for a bit!

My daughter is pretty good at playing quietly by herself.... my son not so much. I've bribed him into playing quietly with the promise of playing Skylanders later. :laugh:

gcj
02-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Mimi, I don't know if it's the same there as here, but even when buses are cancelled and schools are closed, teachers have to go. My husband's a teacher and when it's unsafe for all others to go, they're expected to go, anyways. Somewhere (not here)...I think I heard of this in Ottawa (??) if they can't make it to their own school, they have to go to the nearest school in the school board!

Momof4
02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Kidlove you are a smart young cookie. It took me way too many years to learn to take care of myself but my oldest child is 11 years older than my youngest child so I was a Mom for a lot of years. I'm still their Mom and they still need me but they are now in their own homes with their own lives and now I can have my own life and my own fun and social activities and it's wonderful!

But I have to tell you that it goes too darn fast so hug your babies!

mimi
02-08-2013, 04:48 PM
gcj, no she was off. She works for a private school and commented it was nice not to have to go in. Either way, she's paying for the day, non of my business what she is doing, though the rest of my clients remarked it would be a nice day to spend with their kids without having to go anywhere.:)

bright sparks
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
I am glad I checked in and read this post, so thank you Kidlove. This was probably just what I needed to pick my spirits up after a very abrupt let down that has left me dissapointed frustrated and quite frankly pissed off. Just reading your post has made my self-pitying thoughts turn right around into not dwelling on it and still figuring something else into my weekend plans.

I had an appointment for a massage at 6pm and they had called the house phone to confirm that I would still be coming but I was out all afternoon having made arrangements to finish work early and go to the doctors but leaving myself lots of time to get back for my appointment. I arrived home at 5:30 to have a quick freshen up and thats when I got my messages. One was left at 2:30 which was literally the time I left to go to the Dr's, and the other at 5. I called at their request to say I was still definitely coming and I would have called if I was going to cancel and they said no problem. They called back not 2 minutes later to say the girl had just left to go home. WTF!!! Why would she leave 30 minutes before my appointment assuming that I wasn't going to show?? It's not like she left at lunch or earlier and left me a message saying I am going to have to reschedule or can I come in earlier so she can leave earlier. If I had cancelled less than 24 hours in advance they would have billed me.

Now I appreciate the weather is horrific, but as I said, to leave to go home, 30 minutes before an appointment is rediculous and totally unprofessional. Why couldn't they have waited the 30 minutes to see if I showed. In addition, they have extensive information of mine on file including my current cell phone number, so had they had any sense about them they would have tried that number also. I don't begrudge somebody trying to reschedule an appointment or rearrange appointments when I am sure they had most clients cancel due to this weather, but when my most recent message was to call them back to confirm only 1 hour before the appointment and she still left 30 minutes later is just terrible service.

Okay rant over.....Now to make plans for myself over the weekend.

My kids and hubby are going tubing tomorrow night, which I have done 1 time and 1 time only. I am a complete whimp and stuff like that terrifies me and makes me lose control of my insides ARGHHHHHHH I know mortifying but unfortunatly very true. So, here is what I am going to TRY to do. Meditate for 30 minutes, yes I'm sure you can all tell I need to do that with this high strung, long winded post LOL, glass of vino and a good movie with the lights down low and the fire on.

I'll let you know if I suceed on Monday.....

Mum2Boo
02-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Lovely idea. Count me in.
I was one of the lucky ones today, my d/c was open but all of my dcp's contacted & cancelled. I had a fun day playing in the snow with my own kids.
I've been in Canada just over 4 years & this is my first official Snow Day & it was fabulous :)
Looking forward to seeing what everyone has got up to over the weekend & looking for future ideas :)

sierra
02-09-2013, 06:02 AM
inspired me to set up a tea time date with my besty and get my hair coloured! thank you for your post, I was feelinga little frumpy!

crafty
02-09-2013, 06:15 AM
I still haven't figured out what to do ... I'm sure I'll get to something.

playfelt
02-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Doing a daycare interview this morning because I have put the family off long enough. They don't need care till Sept and I'm sure they are in the just looking phase or will be as soon as I tell them it isn't necessary to look this early since many providers don't even know if they will have an opening for Sept yet. Then I have a date with my couch and bag of yarn and the goal of creating a stuffed heart I am happy with. I have downloaded a few patterns from the internet but there is an issue with each one I don't like from size to where the starting hole is, etc so we shall see what I can do once I combine some of the ideas. Been a long week of feeling sick and I so need a feet up on the couch kind of day.

Will also be texting with son and girlfriend in Calgary who are out house hunting this weekend. Anyone in Calgary have a house to sell = preferably in the SW as that is where they are now and like it. They just don't like that their rent that was at the top of their budget is going up $250 - the joys of no rent controls in Alberta. You can do a lot with $1750 a month which is what their new rent would have been plus parking. The good news is I will be doing the texting from the couch too except for jumping up to the computer to check out any mls number he sends. I have my 3 favourites from the numbers he already sent but not telling him till after they have looked for themselves.

sunnydays
02-09-2013, 08:06 AM
I am trying to talk hubby into going to Winterlude today too :) I've got the kids on my side (even my 17 year old grudgingly said he would come). I need to get out of the house!!!

WINTERLUDE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Woohoooooo, I am soooooo excited!!! LOL!

Ice sculptures....fresh air.....lots and lots of snow....hot chocolate...annnnndd d....BEAVERTAILS!!! lol....I figure the walking around makes up for the unhealthy eating ;)

If I was good on skates I would definitely be skating the canal too!! But I'm not...and my husband is even worse hahaha....

If only my little one were as excited as I am.. :laugh:

Momof4
02-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Oh, you are so lucky! I wish I were closer to Ottawa!

Inspired by Reggio
02-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Oh I use to :wub: Winterlude ... my sister went to Carlton back early 80's and every year we would drive up to get her for reading week and than bring her back again and almost always Winterlude was still on for one of those weekends and we would get to go check it out ... I was a figure skater for eons and I use to love skating the Rideau Canal!

sunnydays
02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
This is too funny...we got back at exactly the same time as you! And exactly as you said, it was not too cold with all the beautiful sunshine :) I would have loved to stay longer too as the kids were having a blast on the ice slides, but they needed a nap too...as late one is better than no nap! I wish we had got there a bit earlier to have longer there...but so glad we finally made it...it was my first time! Next time I will wear snowpants so I can slide too :)

We just got back not too long ago. We had a great time! Apparently it is -20 with the windchill but it was so sunny and hardly any wind when we went so it was nice!! I would have loved to have spent the rest of the day there but my daughter needed to nap.

sunnydays
02-09-2013, 03:42 PM
I've lived in Ottawa for 5 years, and have made it to the ice sculpture exhibits a couple of times, but never to the ice slides and fun stuff. I will definitely be dragging the family there every year from now on :)