PDA

View Full Version : Do you follow up after an interview?

smileyface
02-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I had an interview almost 2 weeks ago, and they told me they would get back to me either way at the beginning of this week. I never heard anything. Now, I'm debating on calling to see where they're at. Do you guys do a follow up phone call after an interview? I only have their phone number. Am I coming across as desperate if I call them? It would be nice to know whether they've chosen someone or not!

sunnydays
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I always follow up by email after an interview, but it's normally the same day or the following day. I send them my contract and policies by email and that also gives me a chance to check in with them and see where they are at in their process. I'm not sure if I would call someone who had not contacted me after two weeks.

Momof4
02-08-2013, 04:52 PM
After an interview if I really liked the family I send an email to thank the family for visiting my home and telling them if I would accept them into the daycare and I look forward to hearing from them soon. I also attach my contracts and other forms so they can read everything over at home at their leisure. I don't give any paperwork out any more.

If I don't hear back from them within a week and I haven't signed on a client by then I send a short polite email reminding them that I'm making a decision within a few days and wonder if they have found a daycare already. It doesn't hurt to double check. Maybe they are procrastinators or maybe they forgot to send you an email when they decided on another daycare, which is very rude! But at least whether they answer your email or not, you can cross them off your list and move on.