PDA

View Full Version : GRRR for once its not the parents thats making VENT

DisneyPrincess
02-11-2013, 07:45 AM
GRRR for once its not the parents thats making my blood boil this morning, but the neighbours thats p&@?% me off !!! I live on a new development so of course no fence yet and its been a year like that. Never had a problem with the parents for that and had a great summer last year. The freakin' neighboors two doors down has two yound excited dogs (labrador and german sheppard) and they are totally outta control. Always running accross the lots to anybody who's coming. Last summer I had to be very careful around my daycare kids when we were outside. They actually came running at us a few times and lucky them we never made a complaint to the city... but now .... of course they are very sorry but seriously !!! Our backyards is not a free for all for dogs. My own dog, big Golden, doenst even cross the ''border'', because he is TRAINNNNEDD, good boy !!

This morning the freakin' dogs came running on a arriving parent, NOW THAT IS ENOUGH. Although the poor kid cant control his dogs, the mother should know better to tie her dogs down by now. I wanted to be nice and patient until we fence the yard, but I dont have to spend thousands of dollars when I cant just because of their dogs. Lucky me this parent has been here for a year so it didnt bother him much, but I cant imagine if it had been new parents... How am I suppose to run a safe environment for their little one with dogs bigger then their kids going crazy right from next door :mad:

They will get the ultimatum : TIE YOUR DOGS OF FENCE YOUR YARD NOW... well in spring cause its still winter grrr (for now I'll let them know when I'm out with the children and if they dont want to tie them up, trouble will come to them, at least dont let them out when Im out with my kids).

No more misses good girl ! Its my business here !!!

gramma
02-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Totally irresponsible to let dogs run free. Even though its winter they should have the dogs tied up when in the yard. They dont even realize how much trouble they could be in should their dog bite someone or run into the road and get hurt. Not to mention the extra dog poop that is being distributed in your yard and that of your other neighbours. Im all about being a good neighbour but i would be making a call to the city or town where you live and make a complaint. They will pay them a visit. Just to be safe I would tie your own dog up when outside as well so they cant make the same complaint about you even though your dog stays in the yard. Dogs will be dogs and no matter how well trained its still a risk for them not to be tied.

Dreamalittledream
02-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Oh boy can I relate. We don't have a dog, but love them. We live on a small (3 houses) dead end street & our 1 neighbor just lets their dog out to go wandering...we are in a city! It's a tiny dog; I've found it even in our fenced back yard....gross to step in/have to clean up poop in your own fenced in back yard!!! They are wonderful, kind, helpful neighbors in every other way & I know they gave it a home from a very abusive background....so we've let it slip to not cause tension....but not gonna lie when I see that dog in my yard or in my neighbors garbage on garbage day...I send it home running!

BlueRose
02-11-2013, 08:40 AM
I would be calling the city or whoever every time the boys came on to my property. I would also be making a record of every time I did this and what was done. This way if Heaven forbid something does happen to you or the kids/parents or anyone else who comes on to your property, you can prove that you have been taking steps to prevent the dogs form coming over.
If I was a parent and something happen to me or my kids, and you hadn't taken steps to stop the dogs, I would be seeing you in court. But if you had been taking steps and doing all you could do, I would only go after the dogs owners.

DisneyPrincess
02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
My dog will probably not make it to the summer as he is old but its true that if we were to have him till then, I will start tie him on a leech is ever to avoid counter-complaint. Even then, I would worry about them complaining on us as the neighbours between us really really dont like them and did have poop on their yard when they dont have a dog. I'm sure they will be the first to complain is other incident happens. Its sad I dont want to give that single mother trouble, plus the kid as barely a father figure around the house, he's often alone so his dogs are probably his real joy but.... its not safe for the children. One dog was so excited last summer, she jump on my own 7 y.o. daughter and made her cry, we are so nice to never have said anything, but we cant wait for something to happen !!! Enough is enough, :(

treeholm
02-11-2013, 09:10 AM
We had the same problem when new neighbours moved in two years ago. They have two big dogs who prefer to poop on my property where the children play, rather than on their own. It was disgusting when my daycare children would roll around in dog poop that I missed. Hubby put up a fence in one day. Cost about $400 dollars for materials, (we have a very big yard, sigh...) but it is worth its weight in gold!

mimi
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
This is about safety and sanitation. I would approach the neighbor citing these concerns. Neighbor relations are very tricky to navigate sometimes and if it were me I would really appreciate being approached first regarding this issue. I would ask the neighbor when she will be able to rectify this issue. Let her know that it will benefit her greatly to have her dogs on the leash as she would be liable for any injuries and property damage should the dogs continue to defecate on the surrounding neighbors lawns. If she understands where you are coming from great, work with that giving her an acceptable time frame to get the necessary equipment to contain these dogs, but if you receive negative attitude or unwillingness to comply, then I would phone the city. They will issue her a warning first.

kidlove
02-11-2013, 10:37 AM
i feel for you Disney! stinks when you don't want to be the bad guy, but almost feel forced to! sounds like they have left you no choice, have you gone over and let them know face to face your concerns, they know their dogs and although they may know they are nice and won't harm them, that's not the same for some stranger (to them) or a small child. Def poses a threat to your image and the safety of your daycare. any way you could get even a small play area fenced off the back of your house so the kids have a safe area to play? ;)

DisneyPrincess
02-11-2013, 11:25 AM
My husband went to talk to her this morning as he was upset as well, but she answered the way I spoke to her son this morning was unacceptable : I did talk loud to him that HE MUST control his dogs, this is my clients here, they cant do that, next time hes going to have to tie down his dog on a leech and to tell his mother That !!!!. The mother was on the porch and heard but I DONT CARE. The dogs came running barking at my parent who had his 2 y.o. daughter in his arms HELLOOOOO !! NOW THATS unacceptable. She said she was sorry and she was going to buy a leech.

Although the kid has obviously no control over the over excited dogs, the mother should be the one taking them out to poop since it happened already many times that they just run off. She probably hates me now for yelling at her kid but she's not well liked in the neighbourhood actually, I think my husband and I were the only one left talking to her. We live on the side of the woods so she just lets them run loose in the woods. But the dog run across the lots like a good 6-7 houses down... most when there was no snow !! And most of the neighbours have small children, they should be able to play in their yard as they please, even if there is no fence. And lots have dogs and no other dogs run around like that. If she doesnt fix this this summer, she'll find herself in a very bad situation, and not just because of me !!

For us so far there was no poop from other dogs, it happened to the next door neighbour and she was pissed lol The problem is really that they run to people like they are about to attack and bark.

DisneyPrincess
02-11-2013, 11:30 AM
HAHAHA I Just saw my husband outside putting up those green ''plastic'' fence in the mean time. It was bugging him, that it was stressing the hell outta me. Though it still cost 100$ because of their negligence !!

My poor man is freezing outside drilling into the ici to put the temporary steel posts :(

sunnydays
02-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I would be angry too. Whenever I see people letting their dogs off the leash in the park, epsecially near the playground, I get upset. I like dogs and I understand that people LOVE their dogs, but have some respect for others! I cannot take the risk that a free running dog will end up hurting one of the kids in my care. My mum got knocked down by a dog years ago on a university campus (I was with her)...it came running and hit her in the bag of the knees so she fell. She still suffers from nerve damage as she fell right on her tailbone. There are dog parks for dogs to run free....or out in the country. In the city, they should be kept in fenced yards or tied up and kept on leashes. I would be livid if I were you and I would have to report to the city as it is too much risk having big dogs running loose with your daycare right there. Good luck!

mimi
02-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Now I would call the city.

DisneyPrincess
02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Yah I hear you !! Well the temporary fence is up but I told hubby that they could go around it I'm sure...

Anyways next time I see that women, even if she is mad at me for talking to her son that way, I will not apologize. I have told him so many times to keep control of his dogs, but he's like 11 the poor kid !! Its not his fault, he's a good kid, but the mother, not so bright ! I guess I'll apologize to him when I see HIM and explain to him why I was so angry :(

kidlove
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
These dogs really can become a danger, due to the fact that they don't understand where their territory is...they need to be trained. Maybe you could kindly suggest a wireless fence system, we have used that for our dogs and it works like a charm. sure beats a chain, I hate the thought of dogs being chained up. IMO, if dogs can't run free, they can't really be happy! but this is from a person who lives in the country, my dogs have never seen a leash! don't even wear collars! ;) If you live near other people you have to be responsible for your pets though, the best thing for them would either be the wireless system (only about 250$ to 400$ US) or a nice run type chain, so they can go the entire length of their yard, but not on others property! ;)

Momof4
02-11-2013, 04:39 PM
That's frightening. Go online to your city bilaws/zoning laws or call your City Hall. In our city it is illegal to allow dogs off their leashes and I wouldn't hesitate to report them if it affected my business or my clients. Good luck.

apples and bananas
02-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Call the city every single time you see the dog off leash and out of their own yard. It's dangerous what's happening. And if something happens on your property is your liability not theirs! I have a similar issue a few doors down from me, hasn't happened during daycare hours (thank goodness!) and they are very rarely out of the yard, but as soon as I see them out of the yard I call. They send someone out to talk to them.

I have never said a word to them. It's not my job to tell them to keep their dogs on a lead. It's the city's. Anyways, I have 2 dogs, and I would hate for them to know it's me that keeps complaining and retaliate!