PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Ideas/Crafts?

Spixie33
06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi
Just wondering what everyone is doing for father's day. It seems a bit harder to come up with something than Mother's Day. Any suggestions??

playfelt
06-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Last year we baked cookies and brownies and made home made lemonade. I bought a fancy plastic caraf and two glasses from the dollar store and a tray for the goodies to go on - so there was a gift of sorts when it was all gone. Then for a craft the kids decorated circle cutout with stickers, their pictures, etc. and I laminated them into coasters. My group was all under 3 with most under 2.

Skysue
06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
We are going to decorate boxes (cardboard from the buck store) with paint and stickers and a place to put a picture of Dad and child (going to ask the Mom's to get this ready) . To fill the boxes we are going to bake cookies to go in the boxes for each Dad!

This will take a few days, 1st day paint boxes, 2nd day decorate with stickers & or beads, 3rd day bake cooies!

Almost craft for the week done!

Skysue
06-10-2011, 01:36 PM
sorry COOKIES!

fruitloop
06-10-2011, 01:59 PM
We're going to make shrinky dink key chains

mom-in-alberta
06-10-2011, 06:42 PM
We're going to make shrinky dink key chains

They still make that stuff??!!!??? lol
I used to love making shrinky-things. I am going to have to hit up the craft store to see if I can find it. :)
PS> We aren't doing a Father's day project this year, since the dayhome is closed all next week. So, no help here, sorry!

mumstheword
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
This year we are painting mugs (they are on sale at Micheals:) ) Last year we got T shirts and I wrote ``My kids walk all over me` on the shirts with fabric markers. Then I painted the kids feet and put foot prints all over the shirts. My husband still wears his on Sundays : ) Got the shirts at the dollar store!

fruitloop
06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
They still make that stuff??!!!??? lol
I used to love making shrinky-things. I am going to have to hit up the craft store to see if I can find it. :)
PS> We aren't doing a Father's day project this year, since the dayhome is closed all next week. So, no help here, sorry!

We did a diy shrinky dink thing. We used #6 plasic (muffins, rolls and such come in #6 and so do DQ plastic containers) and then the kids draw whatever they want on it. You put them on foil in the over at 350F for a minute or 2 depending on how big they are and they shrink up to about a third of the original size.