PDA

View Full Version : "let's make a pact"! HOW WAS EVERYONES WEEKEND?

kidlove
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Hope everyone got out and did some "fun" this past weekend! I got the highlights and so far I like them, a little to get used to, but it felt good to do something for myself!!!! (Husband and son didn't realize until next day...when my daughter said.."did you notice Mom's hair?" men are blind!
When I typed the original post on friday it had slipped my mind, I had some things already planned...ha ha! soooo, along with the highlights on friday night, we also had take out pizza (NO COOKING and CLEANING for supper) yay! and sat around watching movies. (always fun) THEN....I realized I had planned to....wait for this one...:laugh: (to me, it was a blast, for you ladies? probly not! ha ha ) Saturday I planned to pick up a stud billy goat to breed my does.....so, hubby and I had to stop by our friends to pick up his horse trailer and headed over to a farm to pick up "Warren" the Billy Goat to bring home for 6 weeks, to hopefully get the girls pregnant!!!! it was a little work....but fun for me! he is awsome, huge, long hair, long horns, long beard....soooo cool. He's really nice too!
Then saturday night, my hubby was asked by the neighbors across the road to shovel their roof, about 4 feet of heavy packed down snow, felt bad for him so I ended up going over to help with that as well...(figured it was the least I could do, he spent the day shoveling out a horse trailer and picking up a huge goat for me!) funny..it was a busy day, and tons of work but such a great weekend, not only are we (hopefully) growing our farm, with some new babies this summer, but also had some GREAT bonding time with my husband, he is a really hard worker, getting up on that roof with him seemed to really make him happy....supp:thumbs up:ose it's nice to get help. he was real grateful and in turn very happy...that means a lot to me, making him happy! Definitely NOT a super relaxing weekend, but awsome just the same. What did you do?

gcj
02-11-2013, 10:36 AM
I kept mine simple and free, since I just made a large purchase last week, BUT it's easy to do something for yourself even if you don't want to spend $$. Friday night I had a nice long bubble bath with candles, then a DIY mani/pedi. Simple, relaxing, but thoroughly enjoyed it....and enjoyed having nice nails....while it lasted ;)
Also found time to sneak in some Wii Just Dance 3...all by myself :D

mimi
02-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Kidlove, you were doing what you wanted to do and you and hubby worked as a team. Sounds like a great weekend.
Saturday was such a gorgeous day after the snow storm. Blue sky and sunny so I convinced my hubby to go shopping on Queen St. W in Toronto. I purchased some gorgeous boots for myself and hubby and I enjoyed window shopping and people watching as we sat in the window of a cafe and had some lunch. We then went to the St. Lawrence market and got some jumbo shrimp and a lobster for dinner. It was good to have some "us" time. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

kidlove
02-11-2013, 10:38 AM
gcj: my kids want a wii so badly! they say they are so much fun! ;)

kidlove
02-11-2013, 10:39 AM
sounds awsome Mimi! ;) and your right, I was doing what I loved and the whole family was together the entire day! loved every minute! ;)

gcj
02-11-2013, 10:48 AM
kidlove, how old are you kids? There are so many great games.....child friendly, get you up and moving. I don't know who enjoys the Wii more....the kids or me. And I'm not a video game kind of person, but I love dancing (even though I look like a complete fool, you get an awesome workout) and I have the balance board, too, so do yoga and other exercises. It's really great. I'm on your kids side!

kidlove
02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
gcj: my kids are 9 (boy) and 11 (girl), all their friends and lots of our family members have them and they have fun playing. Maybe I will look into it! My son has a tendancy to become (addicted) to stuff like that, he is banned from the computer, and we stear clear of hand heald devices and such, but if the wii can get his brain going and keep him moving (rather than sitting like a zoned out zombie in front of the computer) maybe it would be a fun investment for our family?

Dreamalittledream
02-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Love my Wii too....you should try Zumba Wii:)
So, this weekend we had an impromptu fondue/board game night (a little bit of wine;) with good friends, one of whom a girlfriend who I hadn't seen in a long time. And, we hosted a nice family dinner last night...all in celebration of me! You see, I've made the decision to have surgery for a better more healthier me. It's been a long road to get to this point but my surgery is in 3 weeks, perfect timing for March Break when my daycare is closed and hubby is home to help me out post surgery.

kidlove
02-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Good for you Dream! you only live once....may as well be happy and healthy while doing it! ;)

kidlove
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Seems the weekend is stretching for me! we had some rain pass through last night so no school for my kids....also had a few kiddos call in. So, my 11 year old daughter is playing "day care" with two of the kids, like a free day for me! haha, I love have older kids...lots of help!

Bookworm
02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I unfortunately, did not get to go to Chapters as planned. :( However, we did go outside with the kids Saturday morning and enjoyed the snow we got. My husband and I also got some much needed errands done, so that made me happy, and we did it all kid free, so even better!
My son turns 2 on Thursday, so this coming weekend we are having his birthday party, followed by a nice turkey dinner with our families. Again, no "me" time persay, but I will get to enjoy spending time with family. My kids are super excited to see their cousins, and seeing them happy makes me happy.

sunnydays
02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Kidlove...you are awesome...that is all I can say!!! Thank you so much for posting the thread on Friday...it gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get myself out of the winter slump I have been in. I realized I have been feeling a bit depressed as I have barely been out of the house except to do grocery shopping and other mundane tasks and that is what had be feeling so blah. So...this weekend I had a very fun and full weekend of stuff for me! On Saturday we had a family outing to Winterlude and we all relaly enjoyed ourselves and the weather was beautiful and sunny and dressed warmly, it wasn't too cold. We also ate out at a restaurant for lunch. Then on Saturday evening I went to the gym for the first time in over 6 months! I have been paying my membership fees for nothing and thinking I should cancel it...but I am now determined to just start going. I took my 17 year old son with me (he has a membership too) and it was really nice to spend some time with him as we rarely seem to get time together anymore. From now on, I will be doing this three times per week :) After the gym I had a hot bath with a glass of wine...divine! And I didn't stop there...on Sunday I had a one hour massage and followed that with a bit of clothes shopping...wanted to get something nice to wear out on my Valentines date with hubby on Friday ;) So, my house is a bit messier than usual for a Monday, but you know what...I don't care! I feel great :D Thanks Kidlove! I think we should make this a regular thread ;)

sunnydays
02-11-2013, 12:15 PM
By the way Kidlove...I love the story about the goats :laugh: I didn't know you had a farm. What fun for the little ones to see new baby goats in the spring :)

monkeymama
02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Dh and I had date night on saturday- went to stag and doe for friends of ours getting married in the spring. lots of fun just the two of us, and getting out to see friends we dont see as often. our kids are stil young so its not often we get out together. kids had a blast with their nana, went to the local indoor playground so they were exhausted when we got home and slept in- yeah!

kidlove
02-11-2013, 02:00 PM
SunnyDays....you WIN! the five star award for the bestest weekend by far!:star::star::sta r::star::star: I thought mine was a blast (for me it was :)) but you really took the challenge seriously and sounds like you really did good for yourself your son and your Hubby!Way to go SunnyDays! :glomp: Keep up the gym visits, that is def an envy for me, although I am seriously thinking about a stationary bike to do some in home workouts!

kidlove
02-11-2013, 02:02 PM
BTW: the kids all LOVE the farm animals! I grew up in the city, so this life is a dream to me! and all the daycare kids just can't wait to get out and visit the animals every day! especially the pigs. ha ha believe it or not the pig pigs are their favorite! ;)

sunnydays
02-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks Kidlove! I didn't know it was a competition or I'd have done even more...LOL. Why can't you go to the gym? I thought about buying a stationary bike too, but since I am home all day, I really need to get out. My husband is okay with me going 2 evenings during the week and he will put the kids to bed...that makes it easier to motivate myself because it means I also get a break ;)

kidlove
02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Husband is taking me out for crab legs and prime rib on friday! I can't wait!:wub::wub::wub:

kidlove
02-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Honestly have never thought about going to the gym, we have all the equiptment in the basement and I can't even get down there to use it, feel like the money would be a waste if I paid for a membership. not to mention, I am a bit of a homebody....don't like the thought of having to see other people while working out! ha ha !

kidlove
02-11-2013, 02:08 PM
or maybe it's the idea of other people seeing me, while I work out!:laugh:

BlueRose
02-11-2013, 02:16 PM
I managed to get a 20min bubble bath on Friday evening and a 45 min nap on Saturday.

On Sunday my Aunt took our oldest out for an hour while our youngest slept. My husband napped (his pain pills not him out, he had surgery last week) I spent the time relaxing :)

I am going to a workshop this Thursday night.

monkeys
02-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I did not get a chance to do something by myself this weekend or spoil myself. But I did get to do something I have never done before.

It was Scout camp this weekend, I am a leader. I slept in a tent, by myself and survived to tell the story.

We helped the scouts build shelters and a number of them spent the night in the the shelters that they built. Next year, I will push myself to do that.

kidlove
02-11-2013, 02:54 PM
that sounds exciting for sure monkeys! my hubby did that when he was about 12, he dug about 3 feet into the snow the size of his tent then he and his friend pitched the tent inside the makeshift walls and slept for the night, everytime he tells that story, i think to myslef how cool it would be to do! ;)

gcj
02-11-2013, 03:15 PM
reminds me of last year. I got a cool sports bag when I joined the gym. My joke of the year was that it was the most expensive bag I'd ever bought! had a bag, but almost never went to the gym! Couldn't wait for that membership to end. I did have a medical issue and they said they couldn't cancel it, but they could extend it for the amount of months I'd been sick! I said heck no! Don't prolong my misery! At least once it expired I didn't feel like I should be going! :laugh:

I do yoga and workout regularly, but the gym is no longer for me!

sunnydays
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
LOL...this cracked me up :) I know what you mean. In the past, I wouldn't have wanted to go to the gym either...but now that I am home all the time...especially in winter when we can't go anywhere...well, I need to get out and have the motivation of seeing other adults exercising too. I hope I can stick with it this time!

reminds me of last year. I got a cool sports bag when I joined the gym. My joke of the year was that it was the most expensive bag I'd ever bought! had a bag, but almost never went to the gym! Couldn't wait for that membership to end. I did have a medical issue and they said they couldn't cancel it, but they could extend it for the amount of months I'd been sick! I said heck no! Don't prolong my misery! At least once it expired I didn't feel like I should be going! :laugh:

I do yoga and workout regularly, but the gym is no longer for me!