PDA

View Full Version : Phone interview

kelleyg19
02-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Would anyone be willing to share their questions for phone / email interview questions. I have a few but would like to start doing a more in depth review. Thanks in advance

mimi
02-12-2013, 11:50 AM
how old is your child, when are you looking for daycare to commence, if child is older has he/she been in daycare before - if yes, reason for leaving, do you work in the area or are a commuter, does your child have any allergies, let them know if you have pets and if they are ok with that, what made you consider home daycare. Would you like to come and interview and state when YOU do your interviewing.
I do my interviews in the evening around 6:30 with both parents and child present. Hope this helps.

Momof4
02-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I prefer email and ask parents to read my website and ask questions after they have read all the basics. I ask them where they live and work in the city, verify their hours match with mine and ask them to tell me about themselves and their child and some of their parenting philosophies. That really gets people to open up usually and they will write back a long email which gives me an opportunity to pick up on anything that concerns me so I can write back and ask about it or make a note for the interview if I go ahead with that. In my prescreening I'm checking on all the details of the family to make sure they are a match for age range and other things but I'm also getting a feeling about the kind of people I'm dealing with before I spend time after work meeting them. I also tell them a LOT about how I run my daycare before we get to the meeting.