PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day plans?

GymMom
02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
What crafts, snacks and/or activities do you have planned for valentines day? I'm making heart shaped jello jigglers with red jello for a special treat. We're doing red jello painting on heart shaped paper and I have a few valentines themed stories to read. Looking for some other simple ideas - I have all boys & babies who are not too interested in crafts. I also have tons of leftover valentines cards from when my kids were younger - any ideas for those? I was thinking they could make a collage with them on heart shaped paper - maybe?

Bookworm
02-12-2013, 12:03 PM
My kids range in age from 12 months to 3.5 years old. We are going to bake cupcakes and decorate them, have a little Valentines Day/Birthday Party (my son's bday is on Valentines Day) and make cards for the parents and read some Valentines Books.

sunnydays
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
We have been doing various crafts over the past week and a half including some footprint hearts which I laminated and the kids will give to their parents. On Valentines Day we will bake some strawberry cupcakes and decorate them with heart sprinkles and the kids will make little valentines cards for each other.

monkeymama
02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
We've also been doing crafts this week. Kids have made valentines to give each other, I've got some stories to read. Going to make sugar cookies to decorate and depending on weather may allow kids to watch valentines movie

playfelt
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Got some strawberries and we are going to eat those dipped in cream cheese (we like the pineapple cream cheese but with a bit icing sugar added and then stirred well to whip it a bit as that takes the edge off the taste but not so sweet it spoils the berries)

For crafts I have some foam hearts left from last year - got a large package at Michaels and got some peel and stick hearts from the dollar store I will let them stick on them. They will make two each ie one for each parent. Being peel and stick even the babies will manage to put on a couple of hearts.

We are actually doing our party on Friday since I have one away sick who will be back Thursday at the earliest and because whenever there is a special occasion I always celebrate it at the end of the week.

My goal is to finish the hearts I was crocheting so each will have one to take home with them which will be their treat from me.

We have been reading some stories and playing hearts based games. I have a package of hearts in several shades and several sizes cut from felt they have been using on the large feltboard to make a valentine collage - ie they layer them and move them around so it is ever changing.

kelleyg19
02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
We have done crafts since last Monday. We have done a poster that I wrote love in and the kids finger painted, a tree of love, lady bug, a heart man, and a heat with hand prints in. Friday was a snow day so we didn't do a craft and I had no kids Monday. Wednesday we are doing a sensor heart and Thursday we are doing a tissue paper heart and butterfly. It has been a lot of heart cutting.
As for the valentines day, I will only have my son and one little boy as the other two kids are on vacation this week, we will have a normal day. I have a little loot bag of pencils, paper, stickers, a little stuffed animal and a few candies in that he will take home with him.
Hope everyone has a good valentines day!

Momof4
02-12-2013, 06:38 PM
We have been crafting all week and today we made heart shapes out of 1 cup applesauce and 1 cup cinnamon, then I baked them on 200 F for 2 hours while the children napped and we strung them onto red ribbons.

On Valentine's Day we have all red day, with as much red clothing and red food as possible. I always have a scavenger hunt on holidays, hiding red hearts around the playroom and letting the children find them. I have a big fuzzy heart and we play a 'hot potato' game with music with that. We're making cookies this year.

We made card holders so the children can bring cards for each other on Thursday and we made cards for Moms&Dads.

DisneyPrincess
02-13-2013, 08:04 AM
I order my crafts box every month from Ziraf.com located in Longueuil Qc, the idea was to have pictures from the families and do a collage which is now on the wall near the entrance and the kids love to look at their family pictures and show mom and dad. The gift to parents is a 5x7 picture of their family in a frame decorated with hearts and sprinkles from children. Crafts are really not easy for little kids. I almost do all of it actually :\ and the kids assist, my daycare kids dont like doing crafts :O

On Valentine's Day we dress in red or pink if possible and we will continue signing the ''love'' songs we sang for the past 2 weeks. Besides that they will play as always, I will probably hide red hearts and see if they find them as the day go. Plus we always have cupcakes at a party (b-day or other) so I will do that, we will have the treat after pm nap when big kids from school arrives and they can decorate with edible heart sprinkles and then DIG IN :D Little bit of sugar before they go home hahaha !!