PDA

View Full Version : Coughing coughing coughing!!

Manue
02-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi,
So I have this 3 year old girl who I watch 2 days a week. She wasnt here last week as she was sick and came back today with a nasty cough. Every 2 sec she is coughing, and of course most of the time all over everything including toys. We have all been healthy for about a month after having a rough winter of colds and flus. Her mom is now on mat leave and dropped her off with this nasty cough. Would you still accept a child who is still coughing her lungs out?? Is it still contagious?

mimi
02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't know if what she has is contagious, but I would send her home. She must be uncomfortable with all the coughing as that is exhausting and how can she participate with daycare activities if she is unwell. Her mom should bring her to a dr. My hubby had the constant coughing and he had pneumonia.

mlle.coccinelle
02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
I would send her back as well. They are so meany viruses at this time of the year.... You don't want the other children to get sick... and you certainly don't want to get sick! If she is coughing that often... she need her mommy and some rest!